TWO

As the tires turn on the pavement all of the teens have a different reaction. Mal sits tense with her arms crossed. Evie has a straight posture as she applies some makeup. Carlos and Jay turn towards each other and immediately attack the arrangement of colorful assortments that Ruby assumes are edible. Ruby leans back and watch as the two boys stuff their faces. 

"These..It's salty like nuts but it's sweet like I don't know what" Carlos says with his mouth full. 

"Let me see" Jay says. Carlos then turns towards the boy and opens his mouth showing the chewed candy. Ruby shudders in disgusts. 

Mal presses a button on a remote and the divider moves down. Evie looks out the window and shouts. "Look!" 

All of the descendants look out the window and see the edge of the island. They believed their fate was to be killed in the cold depths of the ocean as they can not swim, and there was no bridge present. 

"It's a trap!" Carlos yelled, candy forgotten. All five descendants hold each other close and scream in fear as the vehicle gets closer and closer to the edge with no sign of slowing down. A golden glow emits from outside of the car. They stop screaming as they realize they aren't falling and instead driving on a yellow bridge. 

"It must be magic" Evie says in awe. 

Mal turns towards the driver. "Hey, did this little button open up the magic barrier?" 

Ruby rolls her eyes at the purple haired girl. 

A voice from the back of her mind spoke, 'does she really think it'll be that easy?' it questioned. 

"No, this one open's the magic barrier. That opens up my garage. And this button-" the driver stops and presses the button. The divider that was once there closes up. 

"Okay. Nasty. I like that guy" Mal states. The drive to Auradon continues in silence. After a few long minutes, they finally reach "Auradon Prep, where goodness doesn't get any better" or at least that's what their welcome sign says. 

Music plays outside and people dressed in bright and soft colors walk near to watch the limo pass. 

"I can already tell I'm going to hate this place," Ruby mutters to herself. The limo stops and parks right outside the castle. 

A band, dressed in blue and yellow, play music obnoxiously loud. The limo driver gets out and opens the door for the villian kids. Carlos and Jay fall out as they wrestle for a towel. 

"You got everything else, why do you want whatever this is?" Carlos asks. 

The band stops playing and people start to whisper. Evie steps out of the car gracefully as Mal follows behind her. 

A woman dressed in a periwinkle dress walks forward with her arms stretched out. 

"Guys, guys, guys, we have an audience," Mal whispers harshly with a fake smile painted on her lips. 

"Leave it like you found it! And by that I mean just leave it" the lady sings. 

Ruby watches the interaction from inside the limo. She swiftly rolls a blunt just like the Blue Caterpillar has taught her. 

Jay throws all of his stolen things back into the limo almost hitting Ruby. 

"Watch it!" she shouts from inside. Jay raises his hands up in mock surrender. 

"Aren't there supposed to be five of you?" a female voice asks. 

The Core Four descendants move back and gesture towards inside the limo. They silently watch as the girl walks towards the limo and looks inside. 

Ruby looks up and notices the girl. Multiple rings of smoke escape the girls mouth and towards the girl. The girl wore a pink dress with a lightweight blue shawl. She had a matching heels and purse. Her brown hair was curled and parted to the side. A cough escapes her pink painted lips. 

"What are you doing?" she demands angrily. 

"Sorry," Ruby apologizes looking the girl up and down. 

"Ugh" the girl huffs and exits the limo. 

Ruby shrugs her shoulders and exits the limo also. She stands tall and looks around. 

"I'm Fairy Godmother. Headmistress." the woman in the periwinkle dress curtsies. 

"The Fairy Godmother?" Mal asks. "As in Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo?" 

'She isn't very bright, is she?' a voice asks. Ruby stops herself from laughing. 

"Bibbidi Bobbidi you know it" Fairy Godmother smiles. 

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella, when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile. And that sparkly wand" Mal states. 

"That was a long time ago. And I as I always say "Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future!'" Fairy Godmother says. 

 A boy dressed in blue steps up and introduces herself. 

"It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Ben" 

"Prince Benjamin" the girl in pink speaks up. "Soon to be king" 

"You had me at prince" Evie says stepping forward. "My mom's a queen which makes me a princess" Evie curtsies. 

"The Evil Queen has no royal status here and neither do you" the girl in pink says. 

Ruby clenches her jaw in anger at the girl. 

"This is Audrey," Ben says gesturing towards the girl in pink. 

"Princess Audrey. His girlfriend" Audrey says grabbing onto Ben's hand. "Right Bennyboo?" 

"Ben and Audrey are going to show you around and I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut but  the library hours are 8:00 to 11:00. I have a thing for curfews. And Miss, there is no smoking on school grounds" The Fairy Godmother leaves and the band follows behind her. Ruby rolls her eyes and gets rid of the blunt, saving it for later. 

"It's so so good to finally meet you," Ben says reaching out to shake Jay's hand. Jay punches him in the shoulder. 

Ben goes down the line and shakes everyone hand. 

"This is a momentous occasion and one that I hope will go down in history as the day our two peoples begin to heal," Ben says as he shakes Ruby's hand. 

"Or the day you showed 5 people where the bathrooms are," Mal teases. Ruby watches as Audrey pulls Ben back towards her. 

"A little bit over the top?" Ben asks. 

"A little more than a little bit" They both laugh. 

'Can we hurry up with the tour already?' a voice asks. 

"Well so much for a first impression," 

"Hey, you're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you? Yeah, you know what? i totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff," Audrey says with a smile. "Oh, my mom's Aurora. Sleeping-" 

"Beauty, yeah I've heard the name. You know, and I totally don't blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world but my mother to the stupid christening,"

"Water under the bridge?" 

"Totes," The two girls fake laugh.

"Okay! So, how about a tour?" Ben asks clapping his hand. 

"Finally!" Ruby exclaims pushing her hair behind her shoulders. Evie smiles at her.