THIRTEEN

Trigger Warning: Homophobia

I am a transman, I identified as a lesbian, once upon a time ago. But if anything I write is ever offensive, please let me know, it isn't my intention. 

"What?"

"We can't break up"

"I'm flattered, believe me. But we do not like each other. You almost hate me" Ruby said finally leaving the bed to leave the room. She was sure her aunt and The Fairy Godmother could find her once they had her medicine. 

"I do hate you, especially for spelling me-"

"I told you I had no part in any of it. I'm a victim just like you" Ruby puts on a red leather jacket. Audrey must have got it from her room as she doesn't remember having it on.

 "and stealing my boyfriend. But," Audrey starts. She pulls out her phone and shows Ruby a social media thread from a post she posted in the few days they were together. There were a lot of questions asking about where were they going for their first date? Were they color coordinating for the coronation? Some comments called them the new IT couple and said that a princess and a VK Queen were iconic. Other comments weren't so nice. A few were bad-mouthing her for moving on so fast after Prince Ben, even going as far as describing the two using slurs. The last ones were written by a prince named Chad Charming.

 "We can't break up because no one knows I was spelled. They'll just think I was desperate after that public humiliating break-up and in need of attention" 

Ruby looked up from the phone and handed it back. "So what? You want us to fake date? Not happening" She goes to leave but is stopped by Audrey. 

"Come on, it won't be for long. Just until after the coronation then we can avoid each other forever" 

Ruby stands in silence for a moment, "What do I get out of this?" 

Audrey is shocked. "What do you get out of this? You get to date the hottest girl in Auradon"

"Evie might have you beat"

"And I'll continue to help you with getting ready to become Queen" Ruby smirked as she saw the princess try not to get angry.

"Well come on princess, I have to visit a few VKs." 

Audrey links arms with Ruby, just like she used to with Prince Ben, and they leave the room. 

"Great, you can drop me off at my room," Audrey says. Ruby wanted to argue that that was out of the way but she decided to keep her mouth close. They received a lot of looks, linking arms, if Audrey cared, she sure didn't show it. Ruby, on the other hand, wanted to jump out of her skin. 

Not because she wasn't used to the stares or cared about them. It was linking arms that made her uncomfortable. On the Isle, there wasn't a lot of PDA being shared. It was a sign of being weak, love was weak. Dating Harriet Hook was filled with lust and mischief. Making out in empty classrooms at Dragon Hall. Stealing and walking from one end of the Isle to the other. Smoking pot until they found everything funny and their eyes were red. After, they would go to Ursula's Fish and Chips and eat everything in sight. 

'Was I okay with this when I was under the love spell?' she wondered. 

"Kiss me on the cheek" Audrey whispered when they made it outside her room. 

"Why" Ruby whispered back. Then she noticed, there were gossiping princesses and princes peaking from their doorways. She leaned down and kissed her cheek lightly before opening the door for her. 

"I'll see you later princess," Ruby says a bit louder than needed. She could have sworn she saw Audrey's lips twitch a bit as if she was fighting off a smile. When Audrey goes into her room and closes the door, Ruby turns around and starts to go find the VKs. A thought makes her stop in her tracks and go the opposite way. 

She walks around until she finds a door with a glass slipper and a crown on it. She pounds on the door harshly. 

"Chad Charming! Open up!" Ruby knocks again. She waits and hears feet shuffling on the floor before the door swings open. 

"Hello?" Chad answers. Before realizing who was at his door. "Oh look it's the carpet muncher. Wha-" 

A swift punch was thrown to his jaw making him stumble a bit. He goes to fight back when a kick lands him on the floor. Ruby grabs the collar of his shirt pulling him up, her legs straddling his body. 

"You say some shit about Audrey again, you call her any offensive or derogatory name, you look at her the wrong way, I'm coming back here, and it'll be off with your head" 

"You're crazy!" Chad screamed trying to get out of her hold. 

"No, I'm mad. Don't you forget it" Ruby pushes Chad and lets go of his shirt. She leaves the room, closing the door behind her. 

When she punches someone for you>>>> 
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it's a bit longer than the earlier chapters. Let me know what you guys think, vote and comment for more updates.