FIVE

The next morning Ruby was awoken by a knock on the door and the door being violently pushed open with a bang. 

"Miss, you need to get up" a soft voice says coming from the foot of her bed. Ruby opens her eyes and stretches her arms. Peering at her she sees two woman in their early 30s one with dark brown hair and brown eyes wearing a periwinkle colored dress with a matching bonnet. The other had blonde hair and green eyes wearing a bubblegum pink dress and matching bonnet. 

"Who are you and why are you in my room?" Ruby asks her voice groggy. 

"My name is Violet and this is Amber. We are your maids here to help you get dressed. Weren't you told of our arrival during the tour?" Violet asks tilting her head to the side. Ruby nodded her head as she yawned recalling what Doug had said the day prior. 

"Yeah they slightly mentioned you guys. I don't need your guys' help. I've been dressing myself for a good 13 plus years. You can go get me some breakfast if you guys want to be helpful" Ruby sits at the edge of the bed, get up and starts to walk to the bathroom. 

"Yes Miss, of course. And what would you like to eat this morning?" Violet asked. Ruby thought about what she usually had for breakfast. She usually had an edible and some black coffee but she assumed that wouldn't be acceptable. 

Violet and Amber nod their heads and leave the room closing the door behind them. Ruby groans and takes a shower. The hot water feels amazing compared to the warm probably considered cold water on the Isle. 

Her once tense shoulders relax as the glass doors and mirrors begin to steam up. She looks to the side and see multiple colored body washes. She picks the red bottle which was scented "Black Cherry". She opens the lid and lifts it up to her nose smelling it the aroma the soap releases. Satisfied with how it smells, she pours some onto her small towel and washes herself. 

When she is done, she hops out that shower and dries off. Wrapping the towel around herself, she leaves the bathroom and enters her walk in closet. It was massive. There were racks and racks full of skirts, dresses, shirts, shoes. Dressers filled with accessories like jewelry, watches, ties, bows, headbands. She scans the walls of clothes quickly not wanting to seem impressed even though she was the only one in the room. 

'oooh wear the black tube top with the distressed dark jeans and the red leather jacket' a voice says. 

'yes she would look great' 

'I think those ankle boots would look nice also' another voice commented

Ruby complies and gets dressed in the outfit the voices chose for her. While she is admiring herself in the full body mirror and choosing a few rings, Violet and Amber come back with a cart with 3 plates of food. It all looked delicious but Ruby was sure that she wouldn't be able to eat it all. She thanked the women and told them to leave. 

She threw the food in an empty trash bin only saving a red apple. She grabs a backpack that was perfectly packed and waiting for her near her bedroom door. She carefully places her mother's journal inside. Tossing the apple in the air and catching it she makes it to her first class, 'Remedial Goodness 101'. It was taught by Fairy Godmother herself. Walking into the class she was amazed to see Evie, Carlos, Jay and Mal already there in their seats. 

"Good, you are here Ms.Queen. We were just getting started, take a seat." Fairy Godmother said. Ruby blinks as she is sure she just gained cavities from how sweet the woman's voice was. Ruby takes a seat behind Evie. Glancing at their desk she sees Mal drawing a picture of the wand. 

"If someone hands you a crying baby do you; 

A) Curse it

B) Lock it in a tower 

C) Give it a bottle

D) Carve out its heart

Ruby knew that the correct answer was C but even then she didn't know anything children. She didn't know how to position their head so they don't choke. She doesn't know what to do if they stop breathing and start to turn blue. She doesn't know how to get them off of the Isle. Her mom gave her a book and vague instructions. With a sigh she patiently waited for the class to be over with. 

The door opened gaining Ruby's and everyone else's attention. A pale girl wearing a bob haircut came in with a blue dress. Ruby immediately knew that she was Fairy Godmother's kid. 

'What's with making kids wear their parent's signature color? What if she wanted to wear green or yellow?' Ruby thought to herself. 

The girl walked, almost ran, up to Fairy Godmother. Poor girl was scared of the VKs. 

She hands Fairy Godmother a clipboard and a pen not turning her back on the VKs for a split second. "You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation" Ruby watches Mal nudge Evie's arm making the blue haired girl jump. 

"Everyone here remember's my daughter Jane?" Fairy Godmother asks signing the paper pinned to the clipboard. Ruby shakes her head no even though she was sure the question was rhetorical. Jane protests the idea of her mother introducing her to the VKs. 

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone. Everyone, this is Jane" Fairy Godmother introduces. Jane gives them a small 'hi' and runs out of the room and into the hallway. 

'She's as squeaky as the mice her mother turned into horses' a voice whispers. 

Ruby stares at her apple. She hasn't eaten it, it was getting warm and Ruby hated warm apples. Fairy Godmother continued on with the lesson, Carlos and Jay started rough-housing and they were volunteered to go try out for some sport none of them have heard of before. 

The bell rings and Ruby is off to her next class. 

1025 words baby. Sorry it took so long I was busy working. hopefully I'll get a scheldule soon so you guys can have regular updates and I can finish this book. I'm only 33 minutes into this 2 hour movie smh. Anyways Vote. Comment. Follow for more