Chapter 38

~Saphira~

  I stared at the gray heart monitor as it beeped a steady rhythm.

  Wake up Trevor, please wake up.

  It had been three whole days since we had found Trevor in the warehouse central storage unit that was closer to us than we had thought.

  The werewolf who had captured Trevor was the same werewolf that I had ran into while I had went on my little adventure. He was the same beta that had wanted me dead.

  How the hell had he found out about Trevor? What had he wanted?

  When we had arrived at the warehouse that Trevor was in the place was on fire. The werewolf was burnt beyond recognition. Trevor had been tied to a metal wolfsbane covered pole. His back had been covered in horrendous whip marks.

  When I had seen them I had wanted to repair the werewolf's features just to burn them all over again.

  I turned my face towards Trevor's limp body.

  His hair was matted with sweat along his hairline. His skin was sickly pale and his eyes would twitch underneath his eyelids every few minutes as if he were battling to open them.

  I had to beg Carmen for over five minutes to let me have an hour alone with him.

  She hadn't slept since Trevor had arrived.

  Her eating wasn't any better.

  She had decided to eat a full meal and take a short nap.

  That had been five and a half hours ago. Looks like Carmen was much more tired than she had thought.

  The doctors had said that Trevor would heal, but it would be slow since he had had so much wolfsbane in his system by the time we found him.

  They had also said that if Trevor didn't wake up within the first five days that he'd have to be moved to a more stable doctor. Someone with more experience and better medicine.

  I had received some of his pain but I was in no state to complain.

  My baby was fine, after having an ultrasound just to make sure.

  I sighed as I grabbed his hand. It was cold, for the first time Trevor's hands were cold.

  My eyes teared up as I stared at his frail weak body.

  "Please Trevor, stay with us. I need you here." I whispered as I gave his hand a slight squeeze. I waited for a moment, hoping he'd return the squeeze, but when he didn't I pulled my hand away.

  "We're all here waiting. And we'll wait as long as we have to." I said giving him a sad smile even though I knew he couldn't see it.

  I just wished he would wake up soon, the anticipation of seeing his green eyes that were identical to mine was overwhelming me.

  How could I possibly just sit here and do nothing as my brother struggled to stay alive? I felt so useless and childish because I was complaining while Trevor lay motionless, unconscious on a white hospital type bed.

  "Well I've gotta go now, but I'll be back in a little bit." I said, my voice choking on the last word.

  I needed to get some rest myself, Ashton wouldn't like it if I got too worked up. We wouldn't want to put the baby through anything else.

  I walked towards the door and quietly opened it.

  I turned to give Trevor one last look before walking out.

~Trevor~

  It was cold and dark.

  So very dark and cold.

  I guess this was the in between stage. The stage when I decide whether or not to stay or to leave.

  Of course I wanted to stay but I didn't know how. I looked around but all I could see was darkness.

  "Hello? What's going on?" I shouted out into nowhere.

  I hadn't expected a response.

  "Hello." I jumped slightly at the familiar voice.

  "It seems both my kids have a death wish."

  I suddenly relaxed as I recognized that voice.

  That very lovely voice.

  "Mom?" I asked as light suddenly poured into the darkness, filling every small crevice.

  "Hello darling." My mother said as sheslowly walked towards me.

  She looked the same as when I was eight.

  Her black hair was down in soft waves. Her green eyes sparkled as she looked at me.

  "Mom." I whispered as I took a step towards her.

  How was she here? What was this? Was she here to take me away?

  "Son, you mustn't worry of the future. Everything will turn out as it should." She said laying a soft hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I mumbled as my eyelids began to feel as if they weighed ten pounds each.

  "Goodbye my boy, I love you." I wanted to tell her I loved her too and that I wanted her to stay with me but my eyelids closed shut and I saw black once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Become a fan!! ♥♥