Chapter 24

~Saphira~

I opened my eyes to see a bright light. At first I thought that maybe I had been wrong and death had took over. But when I heard Ashton's voice I knew I had finally woken up.

I blinked my eyes several times until everything had came fully into focus.

"Saphira?" Ashton asked. I looked around the tent, which I had realized was the færy hospital.

I found Ashton in the corner with a glass of water. Suddenly my hand went to my throat as a sudden thirst overtook me.

My throat felt itchy and I wasn't sure if I should talk or not.

"Water." I said. My voice sounded raspy and odd to my ears.

At my word Ashton sprung towards me with such urgency that he spilled a little bit of the water.

I greedily took the cup and downed the water in one go.

As the water rushed town my throat I felt its coldness travel down to the pit of my stomach.

"Saphira?" Ashton repeated as he loomed over me.

"I'm okay." I said smiling up at him.

Some kind of relieved expression covered his face as he took me in.

"Thank the moon goddess." he said before bending down and wrapping his arms around me.

****

"I'm so hungry." I said as I stuffed my face with food.

Being a hungry werewolf was never a good thing.

"So you must be Saphira." I heard a female voice say from a few feet away.

I smelt vampire. I looked up and wiped the bits of food off of my face.

Ashton had told me about Amanda, Simon's mate, and her little brother of fifteen Austin.

They were both gifted. Amanda could know everything about anyone just by meeting their eye. Austin could tell the future and influence the elements.

"Yea, and I believe you're Amanda, right?" I asked smiling at her.

"Yea." she responded.

"Hey, you had me scared for a second there." Simon said bounding up next to Amanda. He draped his arm loosely around her waist as he smiled at me.

I took in his happy expression and knew that he would be fine. I also knew that Amanda seemed like a nice girl and I really hoped she didn't hurt Simon, because Simon was great.

"Yea, I had myself scared." I said.

After that conversation I finished my meal and walked throughout the village saying my goodbyes to everyone.

The pack needed us back and the ceremony that would announce Ashton alpha and be Luna was in five days so we needed to go. Ashton had booked our flight for two and a half hours from now so I wanted to make sure to talk to all of my family members before I had to leave, I wasn't sure how long it would be until I visited again.

After I had said my goodbyes I headed towards Rose's tent.

"Hey, I heard you were leaving today." I heard rose say as I walked inside.

"Yea, I came to say goodbye." I said. Rose came forward and wrapped her arms around me in a bear hug. I stifled a laugh as she pulled away.

"You behave now, little squirt." Jeff teased playfully ruffling up my hair.

I smiled at him as I rearranged my hair.

"Where's Sondra?" I asked searching the tent.

"Sondra has her own tent, the one right next to us." Jeff said pointing towards the right.

I nodded as I said my final goodbyes and exited. I then entered Sondra's tent.

It had a more relaxed nature to it.

"Hey Sondra, we are about to leave." I said walking towards a bed that was placed in the center of the tent.

Sondra was currently writing in some kind of journal. She finished writing before closing it and looking up at me.

Her eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

"Sondra?" I asked taking a step towards her.

"Thank you." she whispered before jumping out of the bed and attacking me with a hug. I was slightly confused.

"For what?" I half laughed as I was still recovering from my shock.

"For saving me." she said pulling back to gaze up at me.

"Always and forever babe." I teased smiling down at her. I might not see my cousin very much but that didn't mean I wouldn't risk everything to make sure she was safe.

A tear slipped free and I wiped it away with my thumb.

"Don't worry I'll be back before you know it." I whispered placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I hope so." she replied as I pulled away and walked towards the exit.

I gave my cousin one last look before walking out of the tent.

I didn't really talk to my mom's side of the family I realized that I had missed them a lot. I was definitely going to visit soon, I never wanted my memories of them to fade away.

I made my way towards my grandparents tent.

I entered my grandparents tent with a loud warning of my arrival.

"Grand daughter, you are finally awake." my grandmother beamed as she wrapped her fragile arms around me. I found peace within her grasp, like when I used to remember the hugs I shared with my mother.

But most distant memories seem to fade away over time, especially when you try to block them out.

I let go of her and looked past her shoulder to see my grandfather making his way towards me.

I had to bend down slightly to hug him, since he was a bit shorter than I was.

"You are stronger then you will ever know." my grandfather whispered into my ear before pulling away.

I felt tears prick my eyes as I said goodbye. My grandparents were older then they were yesterday, and one day they would be gone.

"I will return, I promise." I said.

"I would hope so." my grandfather said before taking a step back.

"Goodbye grand daughter." I heard him say before I exited and made my way towards Ashton.

Goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys what did y'all think?

Anyways, Vote, Comment, And Become A Fan!!!