Chapter 39

~Saphira~

  I sighed as I lied myself down onto my bed and pulled the covers up to my chin.

  I layed my hand on my stomach as I steadily breathed.

  I would protect my baby. Trevor would wake up,  I just didn't know when.

  As I was shutting my eyes, my door burst open.

I jumped up and saw a panting Ashton in the doorway.

  "Trevor's awake! " My eyes widened as I jumped out of bed and started to race towards the infirmary.

  "Careful babe. " Ashton said as he grabbed hold of my elbow.

  I couodnt wait,  I needed to see him!

  "I told Carmen on my way here. They're talking.  Let's walk,  and give them time. " I sighed but nodded knowing he was right.

  When I woke up the first person I wanted to see was Ashton.

  I slowed my pace to a steady walk.

  '"You okay? " Ashton questioned. He placed his arm around my waist and pulled me to a stop.

  I smiled as I looked up at him.

  "I'm fine." I said.  He didn't seem convinced as he searched my face.

  "We're fine. " I added indicating the baby me and him.

  He smiled as he played his head in the crook of my neck.

  "I love you . " he said.

  "I love you too." I replied and giggle when his smile tickled my neck.

  He needed to shave.

  "You know everything's going to turn out okay. That prophecy might be true,  but we cannot be certain." Ashton said as he stared intently into my eyes.

  "But when the eclipse and meteor shower happen on the same day, will you know for certain? If you and Trevor are the ones in the prophecy,  than people will come after you two.  No one wants to know that their domain is being tested. " Ashton said.

  "I know. " I sighed wrapping my arms around myself.

  "But I swear to you that I will protect you and this baby. " Ashton continued as he leaned down close to me. 

  I smiled as his lips met mine.

  And I decided something.

  The time of the prophecy would come, but when it did we'd be ready.

  All of us.

**** 2 Months Later****
~Saphira~

  "How's it going? " I turned to face Amanda in the doorway of mine and Ashton's room.

  "Terrible , I have to wear maturity pants. " I grumbled as I pulled the stretchy fabric on.

  I heard Amanda laugh quickly.

  "So not funny. " I said smiling.

  She cleared her throat as her face turned serious.

  "Simon wanted me to remind you that the day is tomorrow. " Amanda said.

  "How could I forget? " I grumbled.

  Amanda crossed her arms across her chest as she leaned against the doorway.

  "I'm starting to think that I should've just kept my thoughts to myself, it's already caused so much trouble." Amanda said.

  I sighed and shook my head.

  "We would have found out anyway. Others are already suspecting the same thing, that's exactly why that werewolf took Trevor." I said.

Trevor.

  He had woken up two months ago.  Other than some scratches and bruises and scars, all of which have already healed,  he was fine.

  He had told me everything that happened.

Apparently he had been outside thinking about the prophecy and that werewolf had knocked him out.

  Carmen made sure she had given him back his chain link necklace,  which clung to his neck every second of every day.

  "I just, I'm secretly hoping I was wrong. " I looked up to face Amanda.

  "Why? " I questioned resting my hand on my stomach.

  "Because I like the two of you,  and everyone I have ever came close to has died. I only had Austin, but now I have Simon and you and Trevor and Carmen and everyone here. " Amanda said taking a few steps toward me.

  "And y'all are my family now,  I don't want to loose another family." Amanda whispered as her eyes filled with tears.

  I had never seen Amanda like this.  She always seemed strong,  I never thought I'd see her cry. I guess everyone comes the point where they stood pretending that they're invincible.

  "You won't loose another family,  we're  here to stay." I said.  Amanda nodded as she rushed forward and hugged me. I was slightly taken off guard but quickly hugged her back.

  She cleared her throat as she awkwardly pulled away.

  "Okay, well I gotta go. " Amanda said as she hurriedly walked away.

  I smiled to myself and shook my head.

  I sure hoped Amanda was right.

  I don't think I could lead a fight, especially not when I had a baby to protect.

  Tomorrow was going to be great.

~~~~~~~~~•••••~•~~~•••''®^~~^®^^^^^~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Become A Fan!!