Chapter 23

~Saphira~

I wasn't sure if I was on the brink of death or the verge of pulling through.

All I knew was that my body hurt. Something wasn't right. That arrow shouldn't have caused me to feel this much pain.

All I saw was dark. I wished that I could open my eyes, for even just a second.

But no matter how hard I tried my eyelids just wouldn't move.

I had been getting little bits of conversations, so I guess my hearing might be coming back.

Just as I thought that I heard someone's voice.

"Why isn't she awake yet? Trevor already woke up." I heard a familiar male voice say. That voice made me want to open my eyelids so much more.

"Ashton, I need to tell you something." I heard a deeper male voice say, probably older.

Ashton. My mate. Trevor was already awake? What was going on?

"The arrow that hit Saphira was coated in poison." the doctor said in a grave tone.

Poison?

"What?" I heard Ashton say as a chair hit the ground.

"Poison, a very dangerous poison. If she doesn't wake up within the hour, I'm afraid she might be lost."

After that sentence all hearing left my body and I tried desperately to turn it back on. After trying for a few minutes I just gave up.

I might be lost, as in I might die.

If I died Trevor would too, the pain would be too much for him.

Stupid twin bond.

Within the hour?

I needed to push through and I needed to wake up.

I felt something grab my hand, tingles spread throughout me and I knew it was Ashton.

I hoped I woke up soon.

~Ashton~

I stared down at Saphira's small delicate hand.

It was so cold. I put my warm hand over it and tried my best to warm it up.

The poison that had coated the arrow was still inside her body, but the færy doctors were trying to retract it out little by little.

They said they had gotten the last bits of poison out that they could, and it all depended on her.

I looked at her face and took in shallow breath. If she left me I would...

I didn't get to finish my thought as the door opened to reveal three people.

Saphira's dad, Simon and a girl.

I sniffed the air and rose in a protective stance once I realized she was a vampire.

Once Simon saw my stance he took the same protective procedure, but he was protecting the vampire.

His eyes had darkened and a snarl formed on his lips. That was when I realized that this vampire was Simon's mate.

I also realized that Simon would probably beat the shit out of me over his mate, looks like someone finally grew a pair. And all it took was for him to find his mate.

Strange.

"I'm guessing you found your mate." I said standing normally and looking at the vampire. She had brown wavy hair and matching brown eyes.

She seemed to be cautious, which was a good thing.

"This is Amanda, my mate." Simon said standing next to her. I nodded.

"Hey Amanda, do they have food here, because I'm hungry?" I heard a young male voice say. Soon after the words were spoken a boy walked up to the open doorway. He had brown hair that fell over his matching brown eyes.

He was a vampire.

"This is Austin, Amanda's fifteen year old little brother." Simon said.

"There's food in the main tent. Its much bigger then the other tents and the Snell of food pretty much gives its location away." I said smiling at the kid.

He looked at Amanda before looking back at me.

I saw a small smile stretch across his face as he took in my features.

His gaze soon went to Saphira. I saw a sadness spread across his face before he dissapeared.

Puzzlement spread across my features.

I spun around to see him standing over Saphira.

Vampire speed.

I took a step towards her as he rose his hand to touch her face.

"Don't, Austin is gifted, he can control the elements and see the future. Amanda is also gifted, she can know everything about anyone just by meeting their eye." Simon said.

So now Simon's mate knows every little thing about me? Great.

I watched as the kid ran his hand along Saphira's face.

He turned to face me.

"Is she your mate?" he asked. I nodded, slightly fearing that he might say something bad.

Wow I alpha, Ashton Smith is afraid of what a fifteen year old vampire has to say.

"Don't be so scared, I've seen your future and she's in it." Austin said smiling at me before speeding towards the door.

"Oh and thanks for the food tip, your not so bad Wolfie." Austin said winking at me before speeding off.

I had a feeling I was going to like that vampire, and his sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's kind of short.

Hey guys!! How did y'all like that chapter? What do you all think about Austin and Amanda?

Anyways...

Vote, Comment, And Become A Fan!!