Chapter 8

~Saphira~

  I was currently standing outside of our new pack house. It was pretty damn big. My last pack was more...nontraditional, to say the least.

  The house looked huge. It had three stories, three!

  It was white and had an old timey look to it.

  "Are you nervous about the whole tattoo thing?" Trevor asked making me break my gaze from the giant pack house.

  I was actually surprised to learn that we had to get a tattoo that showed we belonged to this pack. I hadn't seen Simon or him with a tattoo. I wasn't quite sure what it looked like.

  "Yea, I guess." I said shrugging.

  "Come on kiddos." my dad said walking towards the front door. I sighed and followed after him, I hoped this went well.

  One hour later

  I took in a deep breath as the alpha, David, came to stand in front of me.

  My father and Trevor had already said the vows and were currently in another room getting inked.

  "Do you, Saphira Richards, accept the role of being a member of the MoonRaiders pack?" Alpha David asked. I looked up into his brown eyes, that reminded me of he-who-shall-not-be-named.

  "I do." I said.

  "Do you vow to protect this pack and it's members with your life, if given the drastic choice?" alpha David continued.

  "I do." I said avoiding any eye contact with anyone besides alpha David.

  "Good, now please proceed into that room for the final step of joining our pack." alpha David said pointing to a room on the right, that my father and Trevor went to as well.

  I quickly walked into the room and saw a black leather chair with a small table next to it that contained a very scary looking needle next to it with tubes of ink. I looked around the room and found my dad and Trevor sitting in two chair looking at me. Trevor was smiling while my dad was looking at some kind of car magazine.

  "It hurts like shit but is pretty cool." Trevor said standing up. He took off his shirt and turned around so I could see his tattoo.

  It was a black moon with an aquamarine colored chain wrapped around it.

  It was right under his right shoulder blade.

  "Please take a seat and remove your shirt." said the male tattoo artist. I looked at Trevor and my dad as my cheeks turned a rosy color.

  "Dad I think she wants us to leave." Trevor said standing up.

  I didn't really want my dad to see me with only a bra. My dad rolled his eyes and threw the magazine on his chair as he followed Trevor out of the room.

  Once the door had clicked shut I turned back to the tattoo artist.

  "Whenever your ready, kid." he said shrugging. I blushed as I tugged my shirt off and dropped it next to the chair. I walked over to the chair and sat down.

  "Please unbuckle the clip, I have to get under the shoulder blade." he said getting his needle thing and turning it on.  I quickly unbuckeled my clip and held my bra cups so it wouldn't fall off.

  "Birthstone color?" he asked.

  Birthstone color? I wonder why he needed that.

  "Aquamarine, why?" I asked.

  "We use your birthstone color as the chain." he replied dipping his needle into the tube of black ink first.

  Oh that was why the chain on Trevor's tattoo was Aquamarine.

  I closed my eyes as the cold needle touched my back, producing a bit of pain.

Thirty minutes later

  I stood at the doorway of the dining hall as everyone gathered inside for dinner.

  "Hey." shivers involuntarily ran down my spine as Ashton spoke to me for the first time since the incident in the meadow.

  I turned around to face him.

  He had his hands down by his side and he was wearing a red beanie, that stood out against his black cargo pants and plain white tee.

  I couldn't help but wonder what his tattoo looked like.

  "Hi." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

  "I need to talk to you." he said grabbing my arm and dragging me out to their huge backyard, and away from the safety of people and food.

  "What?" I snapped jerking my arm out of his tight grip.

  "I, uh, I think I might of made a mistake by rejecting you."  he said looking away. I was really getting tired of him not looking me in the eye.

  Wait did he just say he made a mistake by rejecting me?

  Was he saying he liked me?

  "What do you mean?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

  "I-I think I like you." he said still staring out at the woods. I let out at a frustrated sigh and put my hands on his face, turning him to where he was looking me in the eyes. Sparks flow through my hands down to my arms, but I did my best to ignore them.

  "You think or you know?" I whispered searching his eyes.

  I didn't want to raise false hopes about us managing to be, maybe become an item, just to have them crushed.

  "I know." he whispered smashing his lips against mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!