Chapter 12

Eric's POV:

I was sleeping peacefully until I heard my phone ring. I groaned and stretched my hand out to the nightstand looking around for it.

"What?" I asked annoyed, not looking at the caller ID.

"Is that anyway to greet your best friend?" Aaron answer-asked.

"Dude, its 3 am. What do you want?"

"Sorry. I was just calling to see how it's are going."

"It?" I asked confused.

"The bet."

"Oh. Right." I had totally forgotten.

"So?"

"It's going great. I asked her to be my girlfriend and she agreed but I think she's a virgin so it might some time."

"You still have a month you know. Don't let me down. We got 3000 dollars at stake here."

"Don't worry."

"Okay bye. Don't forget to get me a present."

"Sure. See you."

I hung up and slapped my hand to my forehead.

I was so stupid!

Why I agreed to the bet in the first place, I didn't know. All I knew was that I was drunk and I regret accepting. I really liked AJ. I wanted to call quits but I didn't have the courage to tell Aaron. AJ would be heartbroken if she found out. I can't let her find out; I won't let her find out. I could just tell the guys I didn't sleep with her, lose the bet then get AJ.

That was my plan. Hopefully it wouldn't backfire. I tried to get back to sleep but every time I closed my eyes I felt a pang of guilt.

Amy's POV:

"I'm going to miss you so much, Jack." I mumbled to his chest.

"I'll miss you too." He whispered in my ear.

I pulled away and kissed his cheek. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Come on AJ, we have to go." Ellen said quietly.

I pulled myself out of his arms and went to Ellen's side. He and Eric did the man hug thing and I waved.

"Goodbye Jack."

"Bye."

***

We boarded the plane and I sat next to Eric. He threw his arm over my shoulders, pulling me closer.  I looked out the window and watched as the runway faded as we moved faster and faster. I doubted I'd ever be coming back to Paris. This city just had too much action for me.

We chatted for an hour or so and I would notice Eric's eyelids drooping.

"Lay down." I said patting my lap.

"I'm not sleepy." He argued.

I raised an eyebrow. "Eric, you can barely keep your eyes open."

"I'm not." He whined like a five year old.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

Then as if to prove my point he yawned.

"Okay maybe I am a little sleepy." He said sheepishly.

"Told you. Now lay down." I said gesturing to my lap.