Chapter 16

It had been three weeks since Eric and I started dating and they were the best three weeks of my life. He would take me out on the most romantic dates, from dinners to a stroll in the park or by the beach. Every minute I spent with him made me fall harder and harder. I just hoped he felt the same way. After these three weeks I felt it was time for him to meet my dad. My dad would be here later tonight so I told Ellen I was going to invite Eric for dinner the next day. I took out my phone and scrolled through my phone book looking for his name. I pressed the call button and he answered on the third ring.

"Hey gorgeous." He said as he picked up. I blushed and answered.

"Hi Eric." I said smiling.

"So what's up?" He asked.

"I... um... I think it's time for you to meet my dad." I said nervously.

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"Well I don't know. What if he doesn't like me?" He asked nervously. I could imagine him scratching the back of his head.

"How can he not like you? You're the most amazing guy I have ever met."

"Aw AJ. You don't really mean that."

"Yes I do." I said truthfully. "So are you coming?"

"I guess. But what if he doesn't like me and says I can't date you anymore?"

"Don't worry. He'll love you."

"Fine I'll be there. What time?"

"Four." I said grinning.

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up smiling to myself.

***

The door bell rang and I ran to it expecting Eric. When I opened the door he engulfed me in a hug.

"Hey, I missed you." He whispered into my hair.

"I missed you too." I mumbled into his chest. "Come on my dad is waiting." I pulled away from his embrace and grabbed his hand while checking out his clothes. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He had it tucked into his pants.

"Do I look presentable?" He asked while he ran his free hand through his hair.

"You look great. But untuck your shirt, you look too formal."

He did as I said but still stood in place. "What now Eric?"

"I'm nervous." He admitted.

I flashed him a smile. "There's nothing to be nervous about. My dad is going to love you."

He sighed and followed my lead. We entered the dining room and my dad looked up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Hello, you must be Eric." He greeted.

"Nice to meet you Mr..."

I mentally slapped myself. What kind of girlfriend didn't tell her boyfriend what her last name was?

"Please, call me John."

We all took our seats as the maids brought in the food. It was just us three since Ellen was out on a date with Simon. We ate in an awkward silence until my dad cleared his throat.

"So Eric, I hear you saved my daughter twice."

"Yes sir. I did." I could tell Eric was nervous.

"I am very grateful for what you have done for my daughter. Because of you she is the happiest I have seen her in years. Thank you."

"My pleasure sir."