Chapter 19

That day, after my encounter with Eric I was in no shape to go to the studio. Ellen called and told them I was sick. Sure no one would know but Eric being the asshole he is would probably tell them. Who am I kidding? He may be an asshole, but I love him. I screamed into my pillow in frustration. After Ellen found out about what had happened it took all I had for her not to go and beat the living daylights out of him. And believe me she could beat him into a pulp. I lay down on my bed listening to some music, trying to drown him out from my mind. It kind of worked but it was really hard to ignore the pain in my chest. It took everything in me to not start crying again which was hard, but I managed. I wanted to go out to keep my mind off things but Ellen and Jack were no where in sight. Jack told me he would come later after he finished checking out a few colleges but I doubted that took ten hours.

Ellen’s POV:

After Amy told me what that bastard did I wanted to go and kill him, but she made me promise I wouldn’t lay a finger on him. She never said anything about not verbally abusing him. That was why I was in my car with Jack by my side. We headed over to Eric’s house to… ’talk’. once we got there we got out and Jack knocked on the door.

“Remember if his mother opens up, tell her we‘re his friends.” I instructed.

“Got it.”

Hopefully he would open, and he did.

“What are you doing here?” he asked rudely.

“Oh I don‘t know, something to do with you lying and using my niece!” I hissed back.

His face softened at the mention of Amy. “I didn‘t mean to do that Ellen, please believe me!” he pleaded.

“And why should we?” Jack asked angrily.

“I would never hurt her like that. It was a stupid bet that I agreed to while I was drunk. At first I didn‘t really care about her but now it‘s different… I love her.” he said while whispering the last part.

“Do you really?” I asked.

“Yes, yes I do.”

“Then why did you call her AJ at school today in front of the whole school?” I asked.

“He did what? I swear if she hadn‘t told me to not harm you I would have beat the crap out of you.” Jack hissed.

“I didn‘t mean to do that, it just came out. Please help me get her back.” I looked into his eyes and I saw honesty and pain in them.

“I don‘t know, you could be lying now too.”

“I‘m not. I swear I‘m not lying to you guys. I really want her back. Please?”

I sighed. “Fine.” his face lit up when I said that. “But I swear if you hurt her one more time you‘ll be burying your own grave.”

“I promise I‘ll never hurt her again.” he said grinning.

“But how exactly are you going to get her back when she won‘t look you in the face?” Jack asked.

His face fell but I gave him a small smile. “Don‘t worry. If there‘s anyone who knows Amy it‘s me.”

“Well what are you guys waiting for? Come in!” he said moving aside.

Amy’s POV:

The days passed and I ignored Eric as best as I could at school. I didn’t go to the studio once. At school he would try to talk to me but I would ignore him. There was no point in going to school disguised anymore since a certain someone told everyone who I was. I went as me. The first two days were hectic. Everyone would ask for my autograph even the teachers. There were the fake people. The people who have been mean to me ever since I got into this school started being nice. But I kept my distance from everyone. I photocopied one of my autographed pictures and handed it to anyone who wanted it. Saved my hand from getting hurt. The guys flirted but I pushed them all away. I wasn’t ready for another relationship. Pretty soon it was Saturday, the day of the senior prom. The school was going to have it on Friday but the hall they wanted to rent was all booked, so Saturday it is. A few months ago I was really psyched about this but now I don’t give a damn. I lay down on my bed. I was starting to do that a lot these days. Some one knocked on my bedroom door then came in. it didn’t take a college degree to know it was Ellen.

“Get up.” she ordered.

“Why?” I asked looking at the ceiling.

“Because we‘re going out.”

“I don‘t feel like it.” I mumbled.

“That‘s not really up to you. You have been moping around all week long Amy, how long are you going to do that?”

“Forever.”

“Amy.” she said as she took a seat on the side of my bed. “You can‘t do this to yourself. I haven‘t heard you laugh ever since your break up. You‘re killing yourself by doing this. Please come with me.” she pleaded.

“As much as I‘d love to Ellen, I‘m really not in the mood.”

“Come on. I promise you won‘t regret this.”

I sighed in defeat. “Fine.”

She grinned and pulled me along with her. She pulled me to her room then closed the door behind her.

“Hmm, what dress should I pick?” she mumbled to herself.

“Dress?”

“Yeah, we‘re going to a party.”

“A party?” I said gulping.

“Are you going to repeat everything I say?” she asked.

“Sorry, but I don‘t really feel like going to a party.”

“You‘re going and that‘s final.” she said in her manager tone. When she used that tone there was no arguing. I sighed and looked at the dresses in front of me.

“What do you think of this one?” Ellen asked holding up a baby pink one.

I looked at and shook my head. “I don‘t really like the colour.”

We looked through them again and I held up a crimson dress. “This?” I asked Ellen.

“Not really. You need to look good tonight, really good.” We looked for another fifteen minutes before Ellen held up a strapless purple dress that reached my knees.

“This is perfect.” she beamed.

“It‘s great!” I took the dress from Ellen and went into the bathroom to put it on. After I stepped out of the bathroom I looked at Ellen who was holding up a curling iron.

“Uh Ellen… aren‘t you going to get dressed?” I asked.

“I‘m not going.”

“Why not?”

“I‘m not invited.”

“Then I‘m not going.” I said crossing my arms.

“You have to go, you‘re the special guest.”

“But I don‘t want to.” I whined.

“Sorry but that‘s not you‘re choice.”

I huffed and stood my ground.

“Come here. I have to get you ready.” she said indicating to the chair in front of the mirror. This must be some occasion if Ellen’s going to do my hair. She never does.

I sighed then took a seat. There’s no use arguing with Ellen, she always wins. An hour or so later she was done with my hair and make up.

“Let‘s get going.” she took my hand and lead me behind her. When we got into her car she handed me a piece of cloth.

“What‘s this?” I asked confused.

“A blindfold.” she said as if it were the obvious thing in the world.

“And why would I need a blindfold?” I asked.

“Because the person who invited you said so. Put it on without ruining your make up and hair.”

“But-”

“No buts. Now put it on and no peeking.”

I put on the damn thing and sat in the car waiting to get to our destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!! I uploaded early because a threat I got from someone. Anyways since I uploaded early I expect you all to vote. So vote, vote, vote!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN