Chapter 13

Getting ready for school was a boring ritual. I didn't really have much choice when it came to clothing. The weather was warm today so I decided on a white short sleeved button up shirt with a pale blue plaid knee length skirt. I put on black ugly shoes and ditched the socks. The clothing part was easy but the makeup part was what I hated. I drew on the fake freckles and a pimple or two. When I was done with ugly-fying my face I put the wig, glasses and braces in place. I checked myself once again in the mirror before exiting my room.

Looking nerdy! I sarcastically complimented myself.

After having breakfast I headed to school in my limo. The driver dropped me off a block away from the building and I continued by foot. I entered the school building and headed to my locker. I noticed that just about every girl I passed had a magazine that published our photos. They were all pointing at the pictures of Eric and I whispering at how lucky I was.

Well thank you.

At that moment Eric and his friend Aaron, Allen whatever his name was walked through the hall and everyone swarmed around him asking for his autograph. I stood at my locker trying to resist the urge to kiss him. My heart raced at the site of him. No wonder he was a model.

 Ji-Ji and Mi-Mi strutted over to him I couldn't help but feel jealous. Ji-Ji clung onto Eric's arm and Mi-Mi kissed Aaron. Hmm... looks like their dating.

Wait a second!

Ji-Ji was clinging onto Eric's arm and I felt the sudden urge to go and punch her. She continued to flirt and rub herself against him but he didn't acknowledge her. That managed to calm my fury. I could tell he was just trying to be polite.

A few minutes later he obviously got sick of her.

"God! I have a girlfriend! Get off me!" he shouted clearly irritated.

I mentally wiped away a tear. You make me proud oh young one.

Everyone laughed while Ji-Ji's face grew red.

"Who?!" she shrieked.

"AJ." He replied smugly.

I felt my heart swell with happiness.

"But I thought-"

"You thought wrong." He said cutting her off.

She stomped her foot like the brat she is and stormed to God knows where.

"Is it true you're dating AJ?" one the girls in the crowd asked.

"Yup." He replied popping the p.

The girls in the crowd groaned and I swear a few guys did too. The bell rang and I walked off to class grinning like an idiot.

If there was one thing I was sure about it was that I could trust him.

***

Lunch came by quickly and it mainly consisted of people asking people for Eric's autograph and asking him for mine.

Well if he thinks I'm straining my hand signing all of those he's got one thing coming.

I went outside to sit in my usual place under the trees. I ate my lunch in peace then took out my book to read.

Yes I'm a bookworm. Sue me.

While reading my phone rang and I checked the caller ID. It was Eric. Should I answer? Or just ignore him? I didn't want him to think I didn't like him or that I couldn't go through a day without him. But then again he was the one calling me.

Gah! Who cares what he thinks. Well I do but that's beside the point.

I pressed the answer button and placed the phone to my ear.