Chapter 8

Everyone began screaming and running in different directions. At first I was in shock, I couldn't move as if my legs were paralyzed. My heart was thumping in my chest I could feel that it was about to burst at anytime. Everyone was moving and yelling but to me it was all a blur. My brain kept telling me to move but my legs wouldn't respond. Whenever I watched a movie and one of the characters was in a similar situation I would laugh at how stupid they were, but now since I was experiencing it firsthand I take back what I said. When my body finally snapped out of its state of shock it was already too late. I felt someone's warm body pressed up against mine but I can't say I felt warm. The person which I'm guessing is a guy due to the body structure grabbed my head in a headlock and I felt the cool barrel of a gun placed at the side of my head.  My first reaction was trying to get out the guy's grip but he was too strong and held my in place. My second was crying. I screamed for help but half the people where out the door while the other half were passed out on the ground due to the shock.

"AJ!" I heard Ellen, Jack and Eric shout. I saw Jack take a step towards me but the guy spoke up.

"One more step and she's dead"

This was it, I was going to die.

Jack stopped walking and my eye's scanned the place for Eric but I couldn't see him.  The man began to walk slowly backwards pulling me with him.

"You!" he bellowed at a frightened Ellen. "After an hour I want you to call the police and tell them that I want half a million Euro's and that they have three hours or else the girl dies. Call them before that she dies as well"

I swear if I make it out alive I'll never comeback to Paris. I thought.

Right now I was bawling my eyes out, begging him to let me go. He continued stepping backwards trying to make an exit but before I knew it he tripped and fell to the ground. I closed my eyes ready for the impact but there was none. I opened my eyes only to find myself being thrown to the said.

"Ow!" I cried when I made impact with the hard floor.

"Sorry" Eric replied.

I turned my head to where the voice was coming from only to see Eric on the man's back. He held his arms with one hand and the gun was pointed at the man's head. Ellen scurried to my side and embraced me quickly.

"You" I heard Eric say. I looked at him to see he was gesturing to Jack. "Get them out of here" he ordered. Jack nodded and came to our side, taking my hand. He started to run but I stopped in my tracks making him Ellen stop too.

"No! Eric we won't leave you! What if he has a partner or something? You- you'll die" my voice cracked and fresh tears poured down my face. I didn't want people dying because of me, especially Eric.

"Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. Now go"

"But-"

"No buts. Go" he ordered.

Jack began running again leading me and Ellen. I took off my heels and ripped the dress to my knees to make it easier. He led us to the back stage exit and took out his cell phone. I heard him speak in French and I figured he was speaking to the police. When we were out the side exit Jack hid us behind the dumpster.

"Wait here, I'm going to help Eric"

"But Jack-" he cut me off by pressing his lips to my forehead.

"I'll be fine, don't worry" then he left.

I glance at Ellen and she was just as frightened as me. Her tan face was now a terrifying shade of white.

I heard another gunshot then everything went black.

***

Beep, beep, beep.