Chapter 15

Okay so just you guys don't get confused this chapter starts with Amy's POV from two years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melanie spun the bottle and it landed on me.

"Truth or dare?" Asked Zach.

"Dare." I answered bravely. I could do whatever they had.

"I dare you to enter the beauty pageant next week." My best friend Raine said smugly.

"What?! No way!" I protested.

"Why? Chicken?" Zach taunted. The rest of the group agreed.

"No I'm not chicken, Zachery. I just hate beauty pageants." I snapped.

"Why? Afraid you're too ugly you'll lose?" Michael teased. By now I was beyond pissed.

"Shut up! Raine, you know I hate them."

"Yeah I know that. But you're bound to win and seeing my bribery last week didn't work this has. No backing out from a dare unless you want to run down the street in your underwear."

The guys hooted and I crossed my arms letting out a puff of defeat.

"Fine I'll do the damn pageant." I grumbled.

My friends cheered and promised they'll all be there, with their video cameras. I groaned internally. I was never going to live this down.

I went home that day and told Ellen what had happened.

"That's great! I'm glad Raine dared you to do that." She beamed.

"What's so great about that? I'll probably just make a fool of myself." I mumbled.

"Amy, Amy, Amy. You. Will. Win. This. Thing." She said clapping her hands to my face.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

A week filled with shopping and hell later came the stupid pageant. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, I was beyond nervous even though I tried to show otherwise. Raine and the rest of my friends gave me moral support while Ellen sorted out everything I needed. They all wished me luck and it was my turn on stage. I breathed in a huge gulp of air and walked out.

***

"And the three winners are... drum roll please... Mary Costal, Erin Daniels and Amy Sanders!" One of the judges announced.

At first I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but the hoots and cheers coming from my friends told me that it was true. I walked to the stage still dazed about what I had heard. The announcer gave me a trophy and asked me what it felt like to win. I don't really remember what I had said but I remember mumbling something. I looked at the crowd staring at my friends. Melanie, Zach and Michael were screaming their heads off along with Ellen. I looked at Raine, she was cheering as well but I couldn't help but see jealousy in her eyes and a hint of anger.

Why was she mad at me? Wasn't she the one who had dared me to enter in the first place?

After everyone congratulated me I headed back to my dressing room.

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed as soon as I stepped inside.

"Shh. Do you want people to think I'm a murderer?" The man hissed.

"Who the hell are you? And what do you want?" I asked still horrified about the fact that there was a strange man with a strange accent in my dressing room.