Chapter 20

“We‘re here!” Ellen exclaimed cheerfully.

“Finally.” I grumbled. My eyes hurt from the blindfold and I was really curious as to where we were. “I can take this stupid thing off now?” I asked.

“Nope sorry.” Ellen took my hand and lead me to… well somewhere. While we were walking Ellen stopped at what I assumed was a door. The cool air from the inside hit my face when she opened it. As we walked inside my heels clicked on the floor, the walls echoing the sound. I really wanted to know where we were going.

“Ellen where are you taking me?” I asked.

“Wait and you‘ll see.”

“Come on Ellen, tell me.”

“You‘ll find out in minute or two.”

“Please?”

“No.”

I attempted to cross my arms but I couldn’t exactly do that, not while Ellen was holding my hand and dragging me behind her. After what seemed like an eternity which in reality was two minutes Ellen finally stopped.

“This is my cue to go. When the door closes behind you, you can take off the blindfold. I‘ll see you later Amy.”

“Bye.” I mumbled. My hands were on the door knob and I debated on whether to open the door or not. Part of me said to go with it, that I had nothing to lose. But the other said that this was a bad idea. I guess I really didn’t have anything to lose. I took a deep breath and braced myself for what lay behind the doors.

I turned the knob and closed my eyes which was stupid since I was wearing a blindfold. I opened the door then slowly opened my eyes. The room or whatever was in was completely dark. I heard a noise which made me jump. It was probably the door closing, I reasoned with myself. Maybe Ellen made a mistake and this wasn’t the place I was supposed to be in. I gulped and I could hear my heart in my ears. Oh right! The blindfold! I took it off and pretty sure the room was really dark.

I could somehow hear breathing around me, but I shook it off. I was just being paranoid. Suddenly I could hear the faint strumming of a guitar. I looked and walked around, trying to figure out where the sound was coming from, without bumping into anything when the lights turned on. There were people around me who I recognised from school.

Crap! This was the school dance! Damn you Ellen! I cursed in my head. I turned around to leave but then a too familiar voice came through the speakers over the strumming.

“I would like to dedicate this song to a very special person. I just hope she doesn‘t leave.” Eric’s voice came out through the speakers and I froze in place. Was he talking about me? The playing of the guitar continued for a few seconds.

“Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?

Would you run and never look back?” he sang.

After what you did, yes

. I thought fighting back the tears. I didn’t know if they were sad tears or happy tears. My heart raced when I saw him. He was singing to me. I didn’t know whether to be overwhelmed or not.

“Would you cry, if you saw me crying?

Would you save my soul my soul tonight?

Would you tremble if I touched your lips?

Would you laugh, oh please tell me this

Now would you die, for the one you love?

Hold me in your arms tonight.”