Chapter 9

"Ellen!"

"Yeah?"

"Can you come here for a moment?"

"Sure, what's up?" she said standing in the door way.

"I don't know what to wear!" I cried throwing my hands in the air dramatically.

"Stop being such a drama queen. It's just a date"

"It is SO not just a date. I've been waiting for this ever since I was sixteen!"

"Okay, okay no need to eat me" she said putting her hands up defensively. She walked into the room and headed to the closet. She began rummaging through the few garments of clothes I had bought with me, tossing some behind her back.

"What about this?" she said holding up a red dress that I would wear to a party.

"No. It shows too much I don't want him to think I'm a slut or something"

She tossed it to her side and kept going through my clothes.

"How about this?" she asked holding up a white mini skirt and a blue strapless top.

"No. I'm not in the mood for skirts"

Once again she began rummaging through the closet until she pulled out another outfit.

"This?" she asked hopefully holding black leggings, a grey flowery shirt that went mid thigh and a light knit black jacket.

"It's perfect!" I exclaimed. "Thank you!"

"Anytime" Ellen chuckled leaving the room letting me get dressed. I put on my clothes and went to the mirror to do my makeup. I couldn't help but smile at yesterday's memory.

***

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

I stared at him in shock still registering what he said. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, that he really said the words I'd been fantasizing about hearing for a long time. He must of noticed my state of shock because he got up with a worried look on his face.

"Are you alright? Should I go get a doctor?" he asked.

"Yes" I whispered. He began walking away when I grabbed his hand.

"I meant yes I'll be your girlfriend"

He looked at me a smile lighting up his face.

"Really?"

"No" I joked, but obviously he didn't get it because hurt flashed from his face.

"I'm kidding" I said softly putting my hand on his cheek. "Of course I will"

He smiled his dazzling smile again, taking my breath away. He leant in closer and kissed me .I kissed him back running my hands through his hair and he dropped his to my waist pulling me closer. He asked for entrance and just as I was about to let him the door opened. He pulled away quickly and I dropped my hands. We both turned our heads to the door and to no one's surprise there stood Ellen. These interruptions were really starting to get on my nerves.

"Sorry to interrupt your love fest but the doctor said you could be discharged now" she said not sounding very sorry at all. I blushed at her words and she continued talking. "Eric, could you please go and get a cab?" she asked sweetly.

"Sure" he said half-heartedly.

As soon as he was out of earshot I turned to Ellen.  

"Why thank you Ellen" I said sarcastically. "You and your great news always come at the right time"