Chapter 12

William POV

That did not go as planned. I mean of course he has the right to act the way he acted but still what happened to adult Cole. Right after the news of Chloe being pregnant he shouted and threw himself on me. We fought for a while until the security guards dragged us out of there. 

“How could you dad. She was the love of my life, my best friend and you turned around and got her pregnant. What’s next you planning on marrying her.” I stayed quite because in all honesty that was my next plan. Out of my whole 35 years of living I have never been married and I would love Chloe to be my first and last marriage. I want to share this experience with her. Cole understood my silence and just shook his head. 

“No dad, fuck no, hell to the fucking no. That would be just too weird. My stepmom would be my ex girlfriend. Its bad enough my new brother or sister would be fucking what 23 years YOUNGER than me.”

“Sorry Cole, that isn’t your choice. We are all adults here and frankly this is between Chloe and I. I just told you out of my love for you as my child. I love Chloe Cole. I haven't loved anyone like this before Cole.” 

“Great and what was mom.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“I loved your mom for giving me you Cole but we were young and we didn’t understand what love was at the time. I am older now and I know I have it with Chloe. Cole please understand that I didn’t…we didn’t plan any of this, it just happened.”

“I don’t know dad, I just need some time to gather my thoughts.” And just like that he left me. It was like we were deep in our own world that once he left I didn’t realize the crowd we had and that we were still in the bar. Everyone went back to what they were doing and soon I followed Cole outside. 

It has been two weeks since I told Cole everything. He is still living at home but he has been avoiding me at all cost. Chloe hasn’t been answering her phone and every time I stopped by her apartment she wasn’t  home. When I went to her work and asked to speak with her they said the same thing, that she wasn’t there and when I asked when she would be in they aren’t by law to give out that information. This is just frustrating how can I still be fucking up at my age. 

There was a knock on my office door and my secretary walked in holding a yellow folder in her hand. 

“This was brought to the office. The young lady told me to hand this to you.” She handed it to me and I recognized that hand writing it was Chloe. I nodded my head at her and she walked out. At first I was scared I know me a grown ass man scared to open a fucking envelope but still I was dying to know how she is doing. Pulling out the paper work it was from the doctor. It was an ultrasound of the little...girl. Holy shit next was how she was growing and a full report on her mother as well. Next was a note from Chloe herself. 

No matter how many times I tell myself that I don’t need you

 and that I could do this by myself. At the end of the day 

I realize I don’t want to. I want you to be there for the child.

For me I want you to be around me So you don’t miss anything. 

I realize that I was acting like a child and I don’t mean to act like that.

I guess when you left I was being selfish and not realizing that you also 

Have another child and Cole matters. Of course he matters.

So please forgive me for the way I was acting. And if you would have me.

I would really really love for you to be apart of my life...A part of OUR child's life.

I am off this sunday of course like always and I would love for you to come over. 

If you would please do me the honor of being my date. 

7PM my place. 

-Xoxo You baby mama.

P.S Holy shit I am a baby mama. 

She didn’t need to apologize to me. It should be me doing all the apologizing but that fact that she did means the world to me. It means that I won’t be the only adult in this relationship. Fuck how did I get so lucky with her. 

“Please clear my schedule for sunday. Family business I would need to attend to thank you.”

“Ok boss.” Leaning against my chair with my hands behind my head fuck can my life get any better.