chapter 32

Chloe pov

After everything that had happened at the baby shower I had friends and family texting and calling me asking if everything was ok. Of course I told them everything was fine because it was a family matter and I didn’t really like anyone in my business. The cops came soon after everything went down and took Sandra down to the hospital, it wasn’t needed for me but William suggested I go just in case to check up on the baby. Just by the look on his face I knew I couldn’t say no to him. I know he is just worried not only for me but for our child as well. As soon as we got to the hospital the doctor came in and check my vitals and on the baby ad once he said that everything was ok the cops came in to get my statement. 

Cole was in the room with me and it broke my heart to see him in such pain. Not only did Sandra hide something so big from him but there is a slight possibility that he might end up the same way. There is no way for me to know how much pain he is feeling right now and there is anything that I could do that would help him unless…

“I don’t want to press any charges.” I finally said it out loud.

“What do you mean? You have to press charges. What she did to you is not ok. I understand that she is sick but that shouldn’t excuse her behavior. What she did was wrong. But not only that it’s also her caretaker's fault as well he should have better watch over her.” At this point I am irritated. Who is William other than the father of my child to tell me what to do. Does he not see how much pain his son is, how all of this is affecting him. I understand that he was scared and he almost lost the two of us but he also has to take into consideration his own son and he wasn’t thinking about that. He was just being narrow minded on one track.

“Can you please excuse us.” I gesture to the police officers. Once they left that's when I let everything out. “William you are the smartest person I know but you can be real fucking stupid.”

“Excuse me.” He raised an eyebrow at me like he couldn’t believe that I said that.

“Do you not see the big fucking picture. Have you taken a look at your son, wait no have you talked to your son to see how he is feeling about all this, about everything that has happened.” As if finally realizing his mistake he walked up to a stunned Cole and embraced him. At the moment of embraced Cole broke down crying on his father's shoulder.

“I am so sorry Cole I wasn’t thinking. Of course I care about what you think and how you feel son I love you. I am so sorry.”

“It's ok dad I understand everything that is going on and almost losing Chloe. I know how you feel.” He let go of William and looked at me. “I love you Chloe and thank you for thinking and caring about me but I think you should press charges because what he did was not ok and I wouldn’t forgive myself if something happened and we didn’t act on it now.”

“If that is what you want Cole I will stand behind your decision.” He nodded his head at me and I continued with the police report and pressed charges towards his mother. 

By the time we went home is was already night time and holy fucking shit how today drained my body mentally and physically. 

“William, pick me up please.” He did not hesitate, he lifted me up bridal style and took us to our room. He gently placed me on the bed and started to undress me. Not in a way that screamed sexual need but in a way to comfort me and to make me feel comfortable. Once I was down to my undergarments he did the same and laid behind me and pressed my body against him.

“You are going to make a great mom Chlo.”

“Why do you say that?”

“The way you handle the situation involving Cole. You thought about him first before yourself. Even before I had a moment to, you always have his best intentions at heart and I love you so much for that. Thank you for seeing what I failed as a father today at seeing.”

“You are a great father William Cole and I understand how much pressure you were under today and how hard that situation must have been for you to walk into. I would alway try my best to not only be there for Cole but for you as well. You know that right?”

“Yes baby. And I love you even more for that.”

“And I love you my love. Now can we go to bed now please. Between everything that has happened today and your child kicking me this momma is exhausted.” He chuckled lightly and kissed the back of my head.

“Goodnight baby girl.”

“Goodnight my love.”