Chapter 14

Chloe POV

Dinner went great. Cole and I are still best friends and William is coming around to the thought that he is going to be a dad again. But I know deep down he is still a little iffy about it which I totally understand. At his age he thought he was done with having kids and then life throws him for a loop. After Cole left William and I made our way towards my living room just to talk about everything with just us two. 

“How are you feeling.” He asked once we were seated. He has his arm wrapped around my shoulder while I lean against him.

“I’m fine, I’m just overwhelmed with everything that is going on you know with school, work, and the baby so I just need to find a balance between it all.”

“Why don’t you move in with me?” I looked up to see if he was serious about that. I never thought that he would ask me to move in with him. I mean yeah I know I am having his baby and eventually we are going to have to figure out the whole baby situation but I didn’t think we would be having this conversation so soon.

“Um do you think that is wise. We just came out that we are dating each other and I don’t want you to think that I can’t do this and that I am using you and such.” 

“Why would I think that Chloe. You are the most independent women I have ever met. You are anything but a gold digger. Let me take care of you Chloe, let me be the man that you deserve. You are giving me the greatest gift anyone can ask for and it's the least I can do.”

“Would Cole be ok with it?”

“I don’t see why not. It’s like a long term sleep over.” We both laughed at that. 

“I guess you are right. When should we get this rollin?”

William left later that night having to go talk to Cole about the whole me moving in thing. Now all that is to do is for me to pack. I just don’t know it all seems like it is happening all too fast. At the same time that would help me out alot. I would be able to work a little less and just focus on my school and myself but on the other hand I would be living with my ex boyfriend and current boyfriend. Ugh. I was in the middle on getting started on packing when my phone started ringing.

“Hello?”

“Chlo it’s me your mom.” Well this is a surprise.

“Ok? What’s up?”

“I need your help. Peter...I don’t know something isn’t right. He laid his hands on me and I'm locked in my room.” She said all but a whisper. I knew something wasn’t right with that man but no one not even my own mother believed me. 

“Then why don’t you call the cops?”

“I don’t want them involved. He’s a good man Chlo. This never happened before just please can you please come and help me.” Sighing, I agreed.

“I’m bringing my boyfriend.” She didn’t get a chance to agree because I hung up on her. Here I come playing captain save a hoe like always when it comes to my mother. I called up William but he didn’t answer his phone so I called Cole next.

“Hello.”

“Hey Cole Is your dad with you?”

“No Chlo he was but he got a call from work for an emergency so he just left. Why what’s up?” I told him what just happened with my mother and he told me to stay put that he was on his way to pick me up. 

“Thank you for picking me up and coming with me.”

“Your family Chloe. I will always be there for you, remember that.” We drove in comfortable silence to my mother's place and once we got there you could feel the tension. I knocked on the door and no one answered so I opened it and let myself in.

“Hello.” I shouted. Nothing no one replied. My mothers place is pretty big for just the two of them. It’s a two story house that has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. 

“You check down here and I’ll go up and get my mom ok?” I looked at Cole and nodded his head and walked away. Once I made it upstairs I made a beeline to my mothers room only to be thrown against the wall with someone holding my arms above my head.

“Well well well isn’t it little Chloe.” Peter’s voiced reeks of alcohol and it took everything in me not to throw up. Damn morning sickness now is not the time. 

“Get off me.” I tried pushing him off but he would not budge. 

“Now why would I do that.” He brought his arms up my leg itching his way towards the valley between my legs. Sucking in my breathe tears started welding up in my eyes. 

“Stop.” I managed with a stronger voice that I wasn't expecting. 

“You know how long I’ve been dreaming of this. Little Chloe isn’t so little anymore.” He brought his lips to mine and I bit his lip so hard I tasted blood. He let me go and a scream. 

“YOU BITCH.” He slapped me on my cheek and the force was so hard my head banged against the wall causing stars in my vision. 

“CHLOE.” I heard Cole in the background. There was a loud thud and when my vision slowly started to clear Cole was on Peter punching him until he was out. At the sound of Cole’s voice my mom came out of her room and straight to me. 

“My baby. I am so so sorry.” She had my head on her thigh resting but I didn’t have the strength to do anything. My cheek was throbbing, my head was spinning and I am pretty sure I had a busted lip. Eventually the dark took hold of me leaving Cole arguing with my mother.