Chapter 34

Cole POV

The drive home from the mall was a silent one. I couldn’t believe what I just saw with my own eyes. The way she was holding him, laughing with him, kissing him. Everything she was doing with him she did with me. The ache in my heart is already painful raw from what happened with my mother and Chloe and to add this. I don’t even know what to do with myself anymore. It’s like life is fucking me dry right now. I guess this is karma's way of getting back at me for everything that I had done to Chloe, But she doesn’t blame me right? She is not still angry at me right? I glanced at her in the car and saw her looking out the window rubbing her baby bump. Right her baby bump, fuck I can’t believe that she is having my dad’s baby. She is actually holding my baby sister in her stomach.

Why did that reminder hurt me more than seeing the mother of my supposed child with someone else. Do I still have feelings for Chloe? And am I actually ok with how everything played out? At this point in my life I don’t even know anymore. Once we got home I went straight down to the basement to my room to gather my thoughts. Everything that Chloe had told me is true. It is better to do this now than to deal with everything once the child is born. There was nothing else to think about so I grabbed my phone and called her. 

“Hello.” She answered after the fourth ring. 

“Hey are you busy?”

“Kind of. Um what’s up?”

“Do you mind stopping by the house later tonight?”

“Um yeah sure. Is everything ok?”

“I’m not sure honestly. Just stop by ok?”

“Ok yeah see you later.”

With that the phone call was over. Now all I had to do was mentally prepare myself for whatever is going to happen tonight. I made my way upstairs to where I knew Chloe would be and asked if there was anywhere she needed to be tonight and told her my plans to come. She agreed that it should just be us alone and decided to go to my dad's work and wait there for him. Now that is taking care of, now to worry about tonight. 

Tonight came faster than I thought and next thing you know we are both sitting down in the living room in awkward silence. You can cut the tension with a knife if possible. It was too much that I had to speak up. 

“Is this baby mine?” I finally asked. Her face paled like she wanted to throw up.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“You know what I mean. Just answer my question please.” she sighed in defeat. 

“Honestly at this point I am not even sure who the father is. While I was seeing you I was also seeing someone else. Somewhere in between I ended up pregnant. I would like to say that you are the father but that wouldn’t be fair Cole because I am not even sure myself.”

“I understand and thank you for being honest with me. That's all I ever wanted. But I think that it would be best if we go our separate ways and once this child is born we get a DNA test to determine who the father is.”

“I Understand Cole and yeah I think that would be for the best. This child deserves to know who her father is. As well as you.” after a silent beat she asked. “By the way how did you find out?”

“Chloe and I saw you at the mall.”

“Oh you and Chloe?”

“Yeah, is that a problem?”

“No, not at all. Just be careful with that situation, ok.” with that she got up and left, leaving me there questioning what she meant by that.