Chapter 2

Kindergarten, Orochimaru's personal hell. The Sannin thought absolutely nothing of the masses of stupid toddlers, who were throwing wooden blocks at each other. As far as that was concerned, Orochimaru always hit the mark, and even with meters of distance, he would bring down the little pests like trees in a forest, one after another. For this reason, and generally because he looked scary, he was avoided. He couldn't be bothered by that. Instead, he observed the behavior of the chakra of the children around him, noting them in an old code that was once used in Konoha. He didn't expect anyone other than himself to be able to read it, and even the counselors thought he was the typical kid who wanted to be cool by having a secret language that he couldn't even understand himself. So he had his peace again.

"You're weird," one of the few brave kids who approached him told him. Orochimaru just gave him an unimpressed sideways glance before he turned back to his notes and started sorting them, marking the more important parts. "Why aren't you answering me?!" the strange boy continued to ask a little angrier now, and this time Orochimaru didn't even give him a sideways glance and ignored him. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" he held his hand in front of the black-haired boy's face and waved it around a bit in front of him. Annoyed, Orochimaru slapped it away and turned to face the annoying kid. "What do you want?" he asked, eyeing the boy with a critical gaze.

Spiky straw blond hair, angry glittering red eyes and a superior posture. A small freckled green-head tugged lightly at the hem of the boy's shirt, trying to pull him away as he looked nervously over at the snake boy.

"The other idiots are afraid of you, but you're nothing special!" he exclaimed, and Orochimaru raised an eyebrow. And he had hoped he had chased all the kids away. He sighed inwardly. Clearly provoked by the meager response, he reached for the black-haired boy's shoulder and he let the boy do so, curious how it would all turn out. "Play with us, then I can show these scaredy-cats that you're nothing special!" The little boy shouted and tried to pull him away. When he didn't move from the spot and continued to watch him silently without any reaction, the little boy next to him became much more nervous. "K..Kacchan, maybe he doesn't want to be disturbed" the second boy tried somewhat desperately, but his friend ignored him completely.

"Why would I want to play with you?" asked Orochimaru the two, his golden eyes boring straight into the other's red ones. He could sense in the boy's chakra how he was getting nervous, but covering it well with a thick layer of anger.

"We want to play superheroes, you can play along. I'm All Might, Izu is my sidekick and you can be.... the Villain!" the blond haired one shouted determinedly, completely ignorant of the reluctance Orochimaru showed to play heroes with the two kids.

Another concept he found interesting and completely stupid at the same time. This society classified everything as hero or villain. Good or evil. White or black. He found it laughable. Especially because many were usually already categorized as villains without doing anything because of their quirks. It showed how irrational and biased this society was. He wouldn't say that the shinobi world was that much better, but you weren't judged as absolutely good or evil in most cases. You killed, you betrayed, you raided and you destroyed, that was normal. A hero to your village and an enemy to the rest of the world. Or you go the way Orochimaru had taken, but even then he was never completely classified as evil. Insane, dangerous, and treacherous, yes, but despite all that, he still found his way back to Konoha after the war, albeit heavily guarded and with limited freedom, he could still do as he pleased.

"Let's go!" the angry blond shouted, pulling the Sannin behind him by the sleeve, which the latter allowed. The kids wanted him to play the bad guy? Then he showed them how he could be evil.

In an extremely downplayed way, but enough that they would get spooked. A small sadistic grin appeared on his lips, but before anyone could see it, it was gone.