Chapter 10

"And who is it?"

Orochimaru was back in the deeper levels of his hideout, watching from behind a thick glass front as a couple of his loyal test subjects performed an experiment on Nomu Number 5.

The creature screamed in its container and while it was suffocated by the thick liquid, the screeching shrieks could be heard even through the thick glass.

Eleven appeared next to him, his dark clothes making him almost disappear in the dimly lit room.

Orochimaru had sent out a squad of his shadows, as Sora called them, to keep an eye on the police invistigation process. As his father had announced earlier, Pro Hero agencies were now being added as the attempts were slowly becoming more risky. The Sannin was sure that following a top assassin was risky enough. Under other circumstances they would have died long ago. Too bad that in this life he didn't want the whole world to know that he was here.

"Puppeteer, Underground hero, Hero ranking 489, Quirk strings. And Paralor, Day hero, hero ranking 352, quirk paralysis" Eleven said monotonously and at the same time number 5 started to gnaw off his own arm, only to heal again. Another scream left the creature and Orochimaru frowned. He walked over to the speaker and pushed down the button "Paralyze it" he said slowly and one of the shadows nodded in his direction.

Then he turned away from the image in front of him and turned to Eleven "Bring me their files with more specific details to my study later. Record her movements closely" he ordered and with a quick nod the man disappeared again.

With a last glance at the Nomu, who was slowly getting calmer, he left the room. His footsteps echoed loudly through the bare halls. A scream sounded in the distance, followed by a pleading howl.

He ignored it.

His thoughts drifted to Takumi. Only a few more days, and then his Quirk had reached the healthy limit to how far it could be artificially enhanced. The boy seemed to notice this as well, but it was unclear until now what his exact thoughts were on the matter. Orochimaru had a few scenarios in mind that could play out. They ranged from full acceptance to the death of Tatsumi. He really wondered what the boy's decision would be. Well, that was something that only time would tell.

~*~

The next time Orochimaru went out, he let a clone go, whom he then watched from a distance. He wanted to know how capable the heroes were who were set out for him. For that he let his clone walk around quite obviously. No shinobi would have taken such an easy bait, but he was not dealing with shinobi but with heroes. In fact, he was sure that only the underground hero would be at least a little suspicious.

After about an hour, he noticed three chakra signatures following his clone. His clone had just walked out of a seedy bar on the outskirts of the town and apparently there was someone inside who recognized him. This person must have contacted someone and now they were slowly gathering around his location.

The Sannin looked down at the people from above. He could make out the long white hair of the pro hero Puppeteer. He was surrounded by two people. His sidekicks, he guessed.

A man, who was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed and dressed in gray clothes, and a green-haired woman, who held her hands to her temples and squinted her eyes in concentration.

Suddenly, her eyes snapped open and she jerked her head up in the direction where Orochimaru had just been standing. Her eyes glowed a dull blue as she stared into the darkness.

In a fraction of a second, he had jumped away, shushined himself onto another rooftop, applying a genjutsu, and was now watching her from across the street. From the distance, he couldn't hear what she was saying, and because she was covering her mouth, he couldn't read her lips either. His eyes narrowed. The man who had just been casually leaning against the wall had pushed off and was scanning the surroundings while Puppeteer walked to the exit of the alley and looked into the empty streets. All three nodded to each other and then continued stealthily moving towards the direction his clone was heading.