Chapter 12

"So Eleven came over earlier and told us that Three had been kidnapped".

"Kidnapped?" Orochimaru raised an eyebrow at which Takumi laughed nervously.

"Well, not kidnapped exactly, but more.... Arrested... By the police."

"Did he say anything else?" the sannin asked, inwardly brushing the shadow off his list. That one was gone.

"Eleven apparently sent a Shadow called Ninety-Five to watch the whole thing and just before you arrived, he reported that Three was being questioned and because they can't get anything out of him, they now want to go get someone with a more forceful mindquirk" he explained and Orochimaru nodded. Takumi was a bit confused by his weak reaction:" so, uhhh, what are you doing now" he asked.

The sannin just put a hand on his head "let me take care of it".

He would definitely not tell him that he would just enter Three's psyche through the seal and with short and simple process destroy his whole mind from within. It was the same as killing him directly and no one would know anything. Anyway, Takumi was still too unstable to know.

Whereas Orochimaru was surprised that the police would make their next move this soon. They had probably deemed him as highly dangerous after the little midnight massacre and now wanted him out of the picture as early as possible. Arresting Three was probably the best and safest move on their side here. Only they didn't consider that Orochimaru could also take out his pawns himself at any time. That would probably make him even more dangerous, but it was worth it to him. Probably the police would then completely hand over the investigations to a hero agency, because they moved more and more on thin ice.

~*~

A door opened and a tall black haired man strode through.

"Nothing," he said, tossing his clipboard onto the table in front of him. The other two men in the room frowned.

" What do you mean, nothing? You got to have something" one of them, slender built and short dark blond hair, said in confusion and put down his coffee.

"No, that man's mind is completely empty. He might as well be brain dead, it's a miracle he's still breathing at this point" he replied, dropping into the chair in front of the two.

"So what does that mean?" the blond asked, pulling the clipboard towards him with almost nothing written on it.

"I have three guesses" said the, black haired one with the mindquirk. "Either, he wasn't human to begin with, but we can rule that out because we've already confirmed his identity as one of the missing Quirksless. Or, he became a kind of puppet after his abduction and was controlled from a distance. Or, and if that were indeed the case, it would make our job a lot harder, Orochimaru or whoever is working with him, has destroyed his psyche from afar the moment he noticed the arrest of one of his people, in order to erase any information".

The atmosphere in the room became heavy. None of these things were good news. Souta, who had been listening in silence until now, sighed, "That means the only way to make any progress is to go after Orochimaru himself, who is highly dangerous. Or we have to take a completely new path and hope to stumble upon something with pure luck.

It looked hopeless. No one wanted to risk a repeat of the midnight massacre.

"We can just pack up and leave it all to the pro heroes, they do love to throw themselves into danger and get themselves killed" said the blond one, leaning back in his chair.

Suddenly the black haired one said something: "Or instead, we go with my third theory. If he really had to destroy the psyche afterwards, we just have to be faster than him. It's not completely hopeless yet."