Chapter 11

The next day, the midnight massacre was carefully shoved under the rug. They told the people some bullshit story about a bunch of drunk guys who ran into the forest, broke out into a fight, and then somehow set a fire. No serious injuries or deaths, just minor injuries and a part of the forest burned down.

In short, they bullshitted their way around the truth.

It was generally questionable whether the nearby residents had believed the whole thing, because.... Cries of pain sound very different from cries of death.

Souta also seemed more tired the next day. After all, he had been the one responsible for the whole operation and because of his bad decision many people had died. That evening he didn't talk joyfully or annoyed, maybe even angry about his work as usual. He was simply silent, staring at the wall and sighing a lot while running his hands through his hair.

Orochimaru, on the other hand, was in a good mood. He wasn't one to love unnecessary bloody massacres now, but this was beginning to feel good. The sound of breaking bones, the endless screams, the faces contorted in fear, the burnt smell of wood and flesh. It brought him back to the battlefields of the shinobi wars, one more cruel than the other. The ones he had first feared and then learned to love. After all these years, it was hard not to love them. There were only two options, fall in love with this field of blood and destruction or let it swallow you, slowly breaking you until only a shell of you was left, half dead and lost. There was only life and death, and Orochimaru had welcomed life with open arms. So much so that he had set immortality as his goal.

He strode into the great hall, Takumi and Sora were having a large-scale pillow war there. Takumi had built himself with the help of his Quirk a very... grotesque forte, while Sora had gotten a few shadows to serve as human shields and commanded them to specifically attack the forte with the colorful pillows.

It really looked ridiculous with all the battle roars. Orochimaru dodged a flying pillow with a side step. He let out some killing intent and everyone froze. Within seconds, the shadows were gone. Sora, who was now unprotected, got one last shot off a cannon and was sent flying back.

"O..orochimaru?" asked Takumi a bit surprised, letting his castle collapse.

"Uhh..." he looked down at the ground a bit in embarrassment while the sannin raised an eyebrow. The hall was a pure mess.

"I didn't do it" Sora shouted and threw the pillow off of him.He looked at him out of his big, innocent eyes, whereupon Takumi snapped his head towards him.

"What do you mean it wasn't you? You started it, didn't you?" he shouted angrily, pointing his finger at him outraged. The little boy looked innocently to the side and the Sannin sighed.

"Takumi, you come with me, Sora you can start cleaning up the mess here".

Takumi looked triumphantly at the little boy, who groaned as if he was suffering and picked up a pillow. Orochimaru turned to the door and opened it. He turned briefly and indicated Takumi to follow him with his gaze. Takumi followed him and the door closed behind them. Both were silent as they walked through the long corridors.

After a while they arrived in front of a door and Orochimaru stepped inside. Takumi followed him quietly and closed the door behind him. They were in his office, shelves filled with books and scrolls surrounded the dark wooden table that stood in the middle and loose sheets of paper and notes were scattered everywhere. Orochimaru sat down on the office chair and motioned Takumi to sit on the chair in front of the table. Unsure, he did so.

"Your Quirk is fully awakened" he began, "any bit further would be harmful to your body and mentality. So you have reached the limit that is healthy with artificial help" he explained.