chapter fourteen

<monday march 15 2021 1:30 AM>

the annoying ring of your alarm startles you awake. you gather up all of your willpower not to hit the snooze button, the pitch blackness you're surrounded in very unwelcoming and threatening to put you back to sleep.

today is the day.

you walk around your room, throwing some last minute things into your carry on bag, and packing your toiletries once you've finished using them. you opt for sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt, wanting to be comfortable on the plane. you throw your hair up in a clip, grab your bag and head downstairs, the time now 1:47 am.

"morning hun," your mom calls from the kitchen. "breakfast is ready. i figured we should eat something light before the flight and then we could eat something when we land."

"sounds good," you reply, sliding into your chair.

"morning ladies," your dad says entering the kitchen.

"morning dad."

"where's jake?" he asks.

"i'm here," jake says in a very sleepy voice, slowly lugging his things down the stairs, his eyes half shut.

"alright everyone, have a quick something to eat and meet your father and i by the car when you're done. we'll be loading up the bags," your mom says, grabbing her car keys and taking three suitcases out the front door. your dad grabs the remaining ones and follows her out the door.

you put away your dish and keep jake company while he eats a piece of toast and butter. your phone vibrates on the kitchen table. you open your phone to see a text from tommy.

tommy

2:01 AM

hi y/n ik ur not gonna see this until a

few hours but i just woke up to go to

college and all i can think about is

how much i would rather be talking

to u. and that's a pretty big fucking

deal bc I LIKE COLLEGE. anyway

if ur hypnotizing me or some shit

please stop 😁 (or don't that's pog

too)

morning tommy, i'm happy to see

that i'm climbing up higher on ur

happiness list. also i'm not

hypnotizing u but that would be

kinda cool tbh

jeez y/n isn't it like 2 am there?

yep

u weren't supposed to respond

until later

why? jhbfhjdf

because by the time u would see

this i would have already gotten over

my embarrassment of being a

simp

HA simpinnit