chapter twenty four

<wednesday march 17 2021 10:46 AM>

you wake up in a good mood, memories of last night swarming your around your head like a swarm of bees. after getting ready, you make your way to the kitchen where tommy sits at the island eating breakfast. "morning tomathy." you slide into the seat next to him and begin to eat the fruit out of the bowl on the table.

"good morning." tommy gets up from the table and sneakily moves behind you over to the counter. confused, you turn around to face him, but he's covering whatever he's doing. you give up and continue to eat when a cup of iced coffee is slid right in front of you.

"aw, thank you tommy." you kiss tommy lightly as he sits back down next to you. "any plans for today?" you ask, taking a sip of coffee.

"not for today, but george texted me saying he can't wait to meet you, and wilbur and tubbo said they would love to hang out."

"stop it-" you jump out of your chair. "george not found wants to meet me?!" you stand in front of tommy with your mouth wide open in shock.

"yes he does," tommy blushes at your excitement. "i think george said he can organize something-"

"YAY!" you kiss tommy again out of pure excitement and then put your plate away in the sink.

tommy says, "someone's clingy this morning," as you sit back down and check your phone after almost a day of not going on it. you have so many twitter notifications which you're extremely puzzled by and you open twitter and see this:

Tweet

tommy

@tommyinnit

attention to all women, i am no longer on the market. @u/n

*1 image*

8:15 PM 3/16/21

57.6K retweets                 99K quote tweets                      302K likes

it's the photo tubbo took of you and tommy laying on the beach and seeing it again sends your cheeks into a flaming scarlet color. you put your phone down to see tommy looking up and admiring you, waiting for your reaction. you reread the caption and it sends chills down your spine. "is this you asking me out?" you question anxiously, terrified of what tommy's response will be. you know you have feelings for him, but a relationship? you were never one to put labels on anything, and every 'relationship' you've had ended with the other person cheating or using you.

"if you want it to be."

your heart skips a beat, but not in the lovey dovey way that it should. here he is, the boy of your dreams, who cares about you. really, really cares, and all you can think of doing is pushing him as far away as you possibly can.

"you okay, y/n?"

you realize you've been staring at the tweet on your phone for over three minutes now. you give tommy a forced smile and say, "i'm gonna go get ready." you exit the kitchen and go to your room, closing the door and slowly sliding down to the floor and placing your head in your hands in frustration.

after a few minutes, there's a knock on your door. "y/n, are you okay?"

tommy.

"yep," you try to reply enthusiastically, not wanting tommy to know about the war going on inside your head.

however, your efforts are obviously unsuccessful when tommy asks, "can i come in?" you stand up, exhaling a bit annoyedly as you open the door to see a worried look on tommy's face. he enters the room and sits down on your bed. "you never answered my question," he says way too casually for your liking.

"what question?" you play dumb, trying to avoid this conversation and you sit down on the edge of the bed far away from tommy.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he smiles at you, scooting closer, causing your heart to wrench in pain. you don't want to lose what you already have with tommy. why do things have to change? what if this ruins everything? "you're ignoring me again," tommy interrupts your thoughts.

"i, um-" you force out, the thought of breaking tommy's heart causes your heart to fall apart into a million pieces. "i don't know."

"oh." tommy's face drops and scoots back to his original spot on your bed. his eyes shoot to the comforter below him and you swear you see the reflection of tears in his eyes.

"i just..." you carefully search for the right words in order to minimize the pain from the sword you're about to pierce through tommy's heart. you sigh, "i like you tommy. i really, really like you, but-"

"but..."

"i just don't want a relationship."

"then what are we doing here? do you not want a relationship or do you not want a relationship with me?" tommy fires at you.

your head is instantly swarmed with visions of the fight you had here with tommy the first night of the trip. "what's that supposed to mean?" you blurt out in shock.

"what are we doing then?" tommy repeats. "we kiss, we cuddle, we go on dates- do you just like the attention?"

"take that back-"

"is it true though?"

"no! no, it's not fucking true tommy-"

"i'm starting to think it is."

"well, it's not. okay?" you gasp desperately.

"maybe you're right, we're just not worth it."

"you don't mean that tommy..."

"maybe i do."

tommy walks out of the room, attempting to slam the door behind him but you catch the door and follow him as he makes his way hurriedly into his bedroom. "what do you think you're doing?" you plead as you watch tommy scurry around the room and load his suitcase back up. he ignores you and grabs his full suitcase and squeezes past you, wheeling his luggage into the living room towards the door. "tommy what are you doing?" you repeat as he grabs his jacket, opens the door and turns around to look at you and says one word.

"leaving."