chapter twenty five

<wednesday march 17 2021 11:11 AM>

you stand in the doorway frozen. watching tommy walk down the hall and out of your sight. you close the door, move in slow motion and lie down on the couch.

the feeling of heartache fills up every inch of your body, tears rolling down your face like a river that never stops running. you sob, and sob, and sob, staining your face with mascara, using your shirt as a tissue.

why? why, why, why? i can't lose him forever, can i? he's gonna come back, right? tell me i didn't just lose him. tell me he's not really gone.

your heart weighs down the rest of your body, pain and guilt rushing through your veins. you stare blankly at the ceiling, your eyes unable to produce anymore tears.

tell me i didn't just ruin everything.

you hear footsteps approaching the couch, but you don't take your eyes off the ceiling. you feel weight sink down on the couch next to you. "hey, where's tommy?" jake takes one look at your mascara stained face and immediately changes his tone. "y/n... what happened?"

you tell jake everything that happened and he comforts you by bringing you a blanket and propping you up on the couch to watch television. you absentmindedly watch tv for hours until your mom comes in what seems like hours later. "hey, where's tommy?" she asks, and you see jake shake his head rapidly to signal to your mom that it's better to leave the situation alone. "oh, i see," she nods understandingly and plants a kiss on your head from behind you.

jake brings you your phone and you immediately open twitter to look at tommy's tweet that made you ruin everything. you read through the many, many comments filled with tommy's excited friends and fans.

dream

@dreamwastaken

look at me! i'm a matchmaker :)

george

@georgenotfound

tommy and a woman? don't mess this one up mate

Ph1LzA

@Ph1LzA

treat her right tommy

wilbur soot

@wilbursoot

i saw this one coming

niki

@nihaachu

awww! i ship <3

tubbo

@tubbolive

hey! i took this hehe

just when you thought you couldn't cry anymore, a single tear rolls down your cheek which you quickly wipe away. you pull down on your screen to refresh the tweet but you're met with: this tweet has been deleted.

you continue watching tv, your mom bringing a sandwich over to the couch for you for lunch. you barely touch your food, afraid that eating would cause the knot in your stomach to explode. you're caught up in the show you're watching when you feel your phone vibrate in your lap. it's a text from a number you don't recognize.

**********

hi is this y/n?

it's george (notfound btw)

omg hi yes it is

what's up

oh hey i heard you're in

london and i was wondering

if you wanted to meet up? wilbur

and i were planning on

surprising the fans w a meetup

and it would be wonderful to

meet you :)

NO WAY! i would

absolutely love to ahh

thank you sm omg i just

need to ask first

got ya! just let me and/or

will know

ofc!!

your mood immediately goes from -7% to at least a 75%. "no fucking way." the confused look that jakes gives you across the couch makes you realize that those are the only words you've said in over six hours.

"what happened?"

"george just texted me-"

"GEORGE NOT FOUND?!"

"yes! and he said that he wants me to meet up with him and wilbur!"

"no way y/n! AHHHHHHHH!" jake jumps around the living room screaming at the top of his lungs, demonstrating how excited you would be to receive this amazing news on any other day.

your dad enters through the front door as jake is bouncing around the room. "what party is going on here?" your dad laughs and pulls you in for a hug.

"dad, do you remember will?" you ask when you notice the brown paper bag he sets down on the table. you don't even realize how hungry youare until you see the chinese food your dad is setting down. you run over to the kitchen island and immediately begin to eat.

"woah, someone's hungry." your dad sits down at the table with you. "the tall one with the curly hair?"

"yes," you respond with your mouth full.

"he seems nice, what about him?"

"oh dad, please say yes," jake buts in, sitting in the chair that would usually be occupied by tommy, feeling a pang in your heart.

"say yes to what?" your dad questions as he begins eating his food.

"him and another streamer asked if i wanted to meet up with them," you say cautiously, unsure how your dad is going to react to you hanging out with two adults.

"that sounds like a great idea sweetie." your mom enters the kitchen and joins everyone else at the table.

"that should be okay, just be careful and keep us updated when you go out," your dad answers. you smile widely at him, the only smile you've been able to manage all day. "i trust will."

your family eats dinner and conversates until you all are full. you clear your plate and head to your room for the night. you crawl into bed and become tired quite quickly, the emotional burdens of the day causing fatigue. before you drift off to sleep you text in a groupchat with wilbur and george, planning what you're going to do for the meetup for tomorrow.

your eyes begin to flutter sleepily, you attempt to get comfortable in your bed but you can't stop tossing and turning. your roll from your stomach, to your back, to your side, over, and over again. you groan in discomfort, confused why it's all of a sudden so difficult for you to fall asleep.

you fade in and out of waves of sleep when you realize what you're missing and it causes tears to run uncontrollably down your face.

tommy.