chapter fifteen

a/n: TRIGGER WARNING- anxiety/anxiety attack

<monday march 15 2021 3:53 PM>

you wake up to some turbulence on the plane and realize you've been asleep for the whole flight. you sit upright in your seat and notice that the plane is landing, your least favorite part.

"morning," says jake too enthusiastically for your terrified self to handle.

"there's been an actual time change and you saying 'morning' is not helping," you reply irritably. 

you grab onto the arm rests so tightly that your knuckles turn white. you try to take deep breaths as you feel the plane jolt up and down beneath you. you start to feel tears threatening to burst out of your eyes but you say to yourself, stop being a baby, it's not that scary. look, everyone around you is acting perfectly normal. you shut your eyes trying to remain calm but your breath becomes shaky and it becomes more difficult to breathe. you feel as if you are choking. what if the plane crashes? the pilot doesn't know what they're doing. this isn't safe. i hate this. i hate this. i hate this. what if i die and everyone else lives? what if i live and everyone else dies? what am i supposed to do?  how am i supposed to save them? what if i die and i don't get to meet tommy? i hate this. i hate this. i hate this.

the voices in your head get louder and louder, screaming at the top of their lungs until all of a sudden, everything went silent...

*

<monday march 15 2021 4:42 PM>

you groggily open your eyes, the rest of your senses filling in slowly after. it feels like you're watching tv and the audio has a five second delay. your eyes dart around a room that you don't recognize. drop down ceiling, ugly beige walls and a boring sitting chair. except this chair was occupied by a skinny man with really long legs and curly hair who appears to be in his twenties.

wait, it can't be...

"wilbur?" you croak, your voice unsteady. you realize you're laying on a cot and quickly sit up, causing your vision to spin out of control.

"woah, y/n easy does it," wilbur responds, walking towards your cot and sitting at the edge of it.

his accent is so much more prominent in person.

"so much for first impressions," you say once your vision returns to normal, no longer feeling as dizzy.

"you think you're bad at first impressions? the first time i met tommy he almost starting crying because he really thought he would be taller than me."

you both burst out laughing, as this sounds like something tommy would definitely do.

"wait so what happened? the last thing i remember is the plane landing and now i'm-" you gesture at the ugly, somewhat creepy random room you're sitting in.

"not really sure to be honest," will says. "i got in the airport and saw people wheeling someone on a stretcher off of the plane exit and realized it was you and ran over."

you smile at will's kind gesture and ask, "where did my family go?"

"they went to go get you something to eat," wilbur answers with a smile.

"oh okay," you say, lying back down. "my parents are extremely picky so this might take awhile."

wilbur gives a soft laugh in return and pulls out his phone. you aren't intentionally trying to be nosy, but you couldn't help but notice that will is typing on his phone like a maniac.

"everything alright?" you ask after a few minutes of watching will's frantic text messaging.

"oh yeah," will responds totally off-guard, putting his phone in his pocket. "everything is perfect." he gives you a smile that is quite obviously forced, but the brightness in his eyes tells you that he's not being sarcastic.

"good," you say, sitting back up. "would you mind passing me my phone?"

wilbur reaches to a table by the door and hands you your phone.

"thank you." you take your phone and see that your mom left you texts saying that they would be right back and hope that you're feeling a bit better by the time you saw this message.

you've had anxiety attacks before, but you can't remember them making you black out, or maybe it has happened before and you just can't remember?

these thoughts make you nauseous and sprout tears in your eyes that you quickly try to wipe away but wilbur notices before you have the chance.

"hey, hey y/n what's wrong," wilbur looks into your eyes, trying his hardest to understand.

"nothing, i'm fine," you lie like you always do when someone asks that question.

"here," wilbur grabs a tissue box and places it in front of you. "don't want to look too sad when your special guest arrives," he smiles suspiciously.

you giggle and blow your nose and wipe the tears that stained your cheeks. "wait- who's my special guest?"

you hear four voices approaching from down the hall, three of which you immediately recognize as your mom, dad, and jake. you hear them getting closer, still unable to determine the thick british accent that's accompanying the rest of your family. 

wilbur looks as you expectantly, like you're supposed to have figured something out by now.

"what?" you ask impatiently, confused why wilbur has started to laugh. "what's going on?"

the voices meet you in the doorway, your parents and jake standing right outside the hall, smiles on their faces, not coming in the room at first. 

your dad turns towards the hallway when he hears, "is she in here?" 

the voice that was unrecognizable a few seconds ago sends chills down your spine, cuing the butterflies in your stomach to start fluttering like crazy. you look at wilbur with wide eyes, "you did this?" you ask smiling, not believing what you think is happening. will nods his head and bows, proud of his work.

the footsteps reach even closer to the doorway, which causes your parents to back into the hallway, allowing someone else to make their way in.

"what a coincidence seeing you here."

a/n: ayo this is my longest chapter so far :) i hope it was okay and i hope that it didn't trigger anyone. i'm pretty proud of this chapter hehe. hope everyone is doing ok!