4. Missed Letter Explanations and Reunion Expectations

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N) sat at his desk as he read through his Standard Book of Spells, Grade Three. A week had passed since he had finished his final meeting with Dumbledore, which meant (Y/N) had a fairly good grasp on his own Legilimency.

It only took another week for him to finish up until Dumbledore had told him, "There is nothing else I believe I can teach you (Y/N). From now own, you'll be on your own with your abilities."

Since that was a week ago that meant (Y/N) was once again left to do whatever he pleased. He had written a few more letters to both Hermione, Harry and Ron with no replies yet again.

As disappointing as this was, (Y/N) no longer let it burden him. After the discovery of a form of wizarding transportation known as the Knight Bus, (Y/N) had journeyed to Diagon Alley three separate times in the course of this week.

After using whatever pocket money he could and some borrowed money from his parents, he had managed to convert his Muggle money into wizarding currency that allowed him to pay for his travels.

Although his school supplies such as robes, books and other assorted things he needed were already in his possession, (Y/N) found enjoyment in just walking through Diagon Alley. He had peered into a few shop windows as he walked up and down Diagon Alley and each one intrigued him heavily.

Every little trinket in the shops fascinated him beyond belief and (Y/N) was tempted during his trips to spend his money and buy himself something. Although it wasn't just about him, (Y/N) found himself thinking of his friends once again as he often saw things he knew his friends would appreciate as much as he did.

This thought of gift giving gave (Y/N)'s brain a sudden jolt as he had remembered an important date. Harry's birthday. He couldn't believe he had forgotten it at first but he knew he had time to get Harry a gift.

Harry certainly wasn't a difficult person to shop for. Quidditch stuff. . . just get him some Quidditch related things, thought (Y/N) that day he stepped inside Quality Quidditch Supplies.

(Y/N) loved Quidditch a great deal and even if he didn't love it as much as Harry did, he still felt entranced by everything inside. He had no clue how long he had spent inside the shop that day (long enough for the sky to darken) but eventually he walked out with a large smile as well as an excellent present.

(Y/N) left the Leaky Cauldron after a particularly lengthy chat with Tom and hailed the Knight Bus by sticking out his wand. The street outside was dark and deserted that night so the only thing around was (Y/N) and suddenly a triple decker bus.

"Welcome aboard the Knight Bus, emergency transport — oh — 'ello (Y/N), choo know how it goes."

In front of (Y/N) stood Stan Shunpike, a wizard who wasn't many years older than (Y/N). Stan had a large, protruding ears, a fair few pimples as well as a bright smile as he welcomed (Y/N) aboard.

"Longest trip of yours yet ain't it?" asked Stan as he stepped aside to let (Y/N) past him. "Thought choo got home someway else. Don't fink choo've seen the bus like this yet."

It was like Stan said, the bus didn't have its usual layout of unbolted-down seats and instead there was around half a dozen beds that were beside curtained windows, beside each bed were candles that burned dimly inside their brackets.

"What took choo so long this time?" asked Stan as he sat down on a bed, (Y/N) taking the one next to him.

"Shopping for a friend, it's their birthday soon," replied (Y/N), showing a small black box that rested in his palm when he held the box out.