35. The Dementor's Kiss and the Dreams Caused

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N) had never been part of a stranger group. Soot and Crookshanks sat calmly in front of the tunnel; Lupin, Pettigrew and Ron, went next, looking like contestants in a six-legged race. Next came Sirius and Harry, the two of them looking straight ahead in silence. This meant Hermione and him brought up the rear. However there was one more person to take care of.

"Mobilicorpus," muttered (Y/N), pointing his wand at the unconscious body of Snape.

As though invisible strings were tied to Snape's wrists, neck and knees, he was pulled into a standing position. his head lolling unpleasantly, like a grotesque puppet.

Getting back into the tunnel was difficult. Soot and Crookshanks were still in the lead. Lupin, Pettigrew and Ron had to turn sideways to manage it; Lupin still had Pettigrew covered with his wand. Harry went in after Sirius did. (Y/N) floated Snape in front of him, leaving him and Hermione to be the last ones.

As Snape's head bumped on the low ceiling consistently, something (Y/N) did nothing to prevent from happening again, Hermione held his hand with a tight grip.

"What was Pettigrew saying to you?" Hermione whispered, squeezing his hand.

(Y/N) glanced at her for a brief moment, his attention turning back to Snape when his head began to drag along the top of the tunnel.

"Nonsense," he lied. "The same stuff he was giving everyone else . . . just a bunch of pathetic nonsense."

"(Y/N)," she squeezed his hand again, "I don't need to know exactly what he said — but I don't want you to lie to me."

Not caring that moment his eyes met Hermione's meant that Snape sharply raised up and hit his head, (Y/N) said, "Hermione, it was nothing . . . well not nothing. It's important, but I don't care. It wasn't nonsense but what Pettigrew said really didn't matter."

(Y/N) felt Hermione tug on his arm, when he stopped, she pecked him on the cheek and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I want you to know that you can always talk to me . . ."

"I know," said (Y/N), wrapping one arm around her while his other kept his wand raised.

They continued walking on, although now a little bit more behind than the others. Hermione had pointed out to (Y/N) that both Harry and Sirius were now chatting animatedly.

"What do you think they're talking about?" asked Hermione.

"Don't know . . . they're both really happy though . . ."

The pair watched as Sirius' eyes lit up and a smile graced his gaunt face, finally bringing life into it. They also watched on as the two of them embraced each other; the both of them looking as if they'd been given all the riches in the world.

The end of the tunnel was reached shortly after, Soot ran up ahead, Crookshanks following behind. It was evident that one of them had pressed their paws against the knot, because Lupin, Pettigrew and Ron clambered upwards without any sound of savaging branches.

Harry and Sirius clambered up behind them; Hermione followed shortly after and (Y/N) saw Snape up the hole and then got out himself. At last, all of them were out.

The grounds were very dark now, the only light came from the distant windows of the castle. Without a word, they set off. Pettigrew was still wheezing and occasionally simpering, (Y/N) however, still felt uneasy.