8. A Sky-High Perspective

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N) woke up in the morning to walk down to the Great Hall with Hermione, Harry and Ron. When they arrived in the Hall, they saw that Malfoy was entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a story.

The four of them passed the group and Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and was met with a roar of laughter from the group of Slytherins.

"Ignore him," muttered Hermione, who was behind Harry. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it . . ."

Although the advice wasn't meant for (Y/N), he still took it seriously and was trying his best to not turn around and lunge at Malfoy. His self-control being tested once again when he heard the shrieking voice of Pansy Parkinson.

"Hey Potter!" she shrieked. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooo!"

(Y/N) gritted his teeth and clenched his fists as he sat down at the Gryffindor table, Hermione sitting next to him.

"New third-year timetables," said George, passing them over to the group. "What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy," said (Y/N), answering for Harry. "I swear I'm so close to going over there and give him something to faint over."

"(Y/N)," said Hermione. "Don't drop to his level."

Glaring one last time at the Slytherin table, (Y/N) took his timetable and reviewed it while eating some toast.

Eventually the Hall started to empty out as people headed off for their first lesson.

"We'd better go," said (Y/N), already standing up. "Divination's first and its all the way up at the top of the North Tower. It'll take about ten minutes to get there . . ."

(Y/N) checked his watch and ate his last piece of toast as the others hastily finished their breakfast.

The journey through the castle and to the North Tower wasn't an easy one. The four of them got confused more than once as they passed through unfamiliar landing and passage.

However, after an encounter with a chivalrous and eccentric knight, the four of them eventually reached the landing near the Divination class. After a half-hearted thank you to the knight they now knew as Sir Cadogan, (Y/N), Hermione, Harry and Ron joined the rest of the class on the tiny landing.

There were no doors off this particular landing. Rather a circular trap door on the ceiling. On the trap door was a brass plaque. Sybill Trelawney, Divination teacher.

"How're we going to get up there?" said one of the students in the crowd.

Their question was quickly answered as the trap door suddenly sprung open and a silver ladder quickly descended down, right at (Y/N)'s feet.

(Y/N) blinked in surprise before looking the ladder up and down. Deciding not to waste anyone's time, he climbed up ladder.

He emerged into a strange-looking classroom. It hardly seemed like a classroom at all, it seemed like a cross between someone's attic and an old-fashioned tea shop.

There were at least twenty circular tables that were crammed inside of the room, each with armchairs and little stools. The room was lit by a dim, crimson light; the curtains in the room were all closed, and the many lamps were draped in red scarves.

Shelves ran around green circular room that were crammed with dusty feathers, stubs ofoo candles, many packs of torn playing cards, countless crystal balls and a huge array of teacups.

The rest of the class assembled behind (Y/N), all of them talking in whispers.

"Welcome," said a sort of soft, misty voice. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last."