15. A Hogsmeade 'Hang out'

Hermione's POV

Both (Y/N) and Harry remained in the Hospital Wing for the rest of the weekend at Madam Pomfrey's insistence.

Both of them had streams of visitors, all intent on cheering them both up. Harry had gotten the most attention out of them both but (Y/N) didn't seem to mind.

Hermione mostly sat by his bed in the corner of the Hospital Wing (a bed that Madam Pomfrey moved him to after Harry had brought such chaos) and did whatever they pleased.

Hermione found it a great opportunity to talk and do her homework. (Y/N) had asked Hermione to grab random books for him off the library shelves. He had taken a great interest in reading a book about ghosts and haunted places in Britain.

Hermione couldn't write for more than two minutes without (Y/N) drawing her attention to a page in the book that was horrifically specific on the ghost in that chapter's death.

On Monday, the two of them had returned to their day-to-day. Harry was cleared by Madam Pomfrey but (Y/N) was still having to take small amounts of medicine to ensure that every potential crack in his ribs would mend properly.

However, there still had to be one bad thing. In this case it was, once again, Draco Malfoy. He had removed his bandages when (Y/N) and Harry returned, gleeful about using both arms as he did spirited imitations of Harry falling from his broom and of (Y/N) being hit by the Bludger.

Malfoy spent most of their next Potions class doing Dementor imitations across the dungeons. But karma was harsh, and (Y/N) gave Malfoy what he deserved in the form of a metal ladle being hurtled towards his face.

This had caused Snape to take fifty points from Gryffindor, but it was worth it to see Malfoy's bloody and crooked nose for a few minutes.

Professor Lupin had returned to teaching that class as well, much to the classes' glee. He looked worse for wear; his robes seemed to hang on him more loosely than before; dark shadows hung under his eyes, but he still smiled at the class as they took their seats.

Soon enough, the class bursted into a flurry of complaints at Snape's cover of the lesson.

"We don't know anything about werewolves —"

"— two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" said Lupin, frowning slightly.

The babble broke out again.

"Yeah, but he said we were really behind —"

"— he wouldn't listen —"

"— two rolls of parchment! —"

Professor Lupin smiled at the look of indignation on everyone's face.

"Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay."

Despite the classes moderate cheers, Hermione felt like she had been sucker punched.

She'd already done it.

They had a very enjoyable lesson. Professor Lupin has brought along a glass box contains a Hinkypunk. Despite being a one-legged creature who looked nearly harmless, they could lure unlucky travellers into bogs; where they would usually drown in the deep bogs; or where they would be murdered by the water-dwelling creature the Hinkypunk served under.

When the bell rang, everyone gathered up their things and headed for the door. Harry had been called behind because of Lupin, Ron had remained behind to walk to lunch with Harry, but both Hermione and (Y/N) walked to the Hospital Wing, so Pomfrey could give (Y/N) a checkup.