25. Peeking into the Past

Harry's POV

"Look me in the eye, Weasley!"

Harry, Hermione and Ron sat on individual beds inside the Hospital Wing. After Professor Snape's discovery of the quartet's evident division, he had whisked away (Y/N) and had instructed Harry and Hermione to take Ron to the Hospital Wing with the same sneering coldness he had always given them.

Harry had watched with suppressed gags as Madam Pomfrey gave treatment to Ron. It was easy to see (Y/N)'s obvious injuries and people would assume that Ron had won the fight; but as Pomfrey continued on with her work, it was clear as day that both (Y/N) and Ron had both equally lost the fight and came out with awful injuries.

Ron's right eye was blackened and had puffed up to the point where the whites of his eyes were completely covered. His top lip had been busted open and had several other small cuts beside it.

His knuckles were torn and split and looked like Ron had punched his way through a bunch of glass walls. Both the index and ring finger on his left hand had been bandaged up immediately as they looked like the had been twisted around multiple times.

However Harry truly felt sick to his stomach after Pomfrey had instructed Ron to lift up his shirt. After he did, his torso was littered with deep bruises that were coloured horrific shades of red, purple and blue.

So after Pomfrey did the best she could, the doors of the Hospital Wing burst open to reveal Professor McGonagall, her face contorted into a sort of calm rage that kept thoroughly confusing Harry; with each word she spoke, he didn't know whether she would burst out in shouting or continue with her calm monologues.

"Explain it to me again, Potter."

Ron had refused to speak since he was brought to the Hospital Wing, leaving Harry the unfortunate fate of explaining the events of and events leading up to Ron and (Y/N)'s fight.

After he had explained once more, Professor McGonagall turned back to Ron, who had been sitting on the edge of one of the beds, and slammed her hand down on the railing at the foot of it.

"Absolutely disgusting and unacceptable behaviour, Weasley!" McGonagall shrieked, each line on her face displaying anger. "Fighting with a fellow classmate, a fellow Gryffindor, a fellow friend! How on earth do you expect to rationalise this behaviour?"

No answer calm from Ron, his nose just scrunched up and his brow furrowed as he shifted slightly.

"And now you display cowardice," said Professor McGonagall, her words dripping with anger. "Can you not look me in the eye and tell me why you think that this was acceptable? Must you leave Potter to explain everything?"

No answer.

"Where is (L/N)?" asked McGonagall calmly, looking back to Harry.

"Uhh — erm — Professor Snape took him away."

McGonagall's face dropped, her jaw tensed as she clenched her teeth. "Keep these three here, Poppy," said McGonagall curtly to Madam Pomfrey, sweeping out of the Hospital Wing.

(Y/N)'s POV

"It was only a matter of time . . ."

Where am I?