16. Sirius Black's Betrayal

Harry's POV

After Ron had paid for his sweets, the two of them had left Honeydukes. Hogsmeade looked like a Christmas card, the blizzard outside caused thick, multiple layers of snow to coat the roofs of shops and the ground.

Harry shivered; unlike Ron, he didn't have his cloak with him. They headed up the street, heads bowed against the wind.

"So where's (Y/N) and Hermione?" Harry shouted, the wind howled in his ears as the crisp snow crunched under his feet.

"No clue!" Ron shouted back, his scarf covering most of his face. "They were in Honeydukes with me at first! Didn't notice they were gone until you mentioned them!"

The tip of Harry's nose and cheeks went red as the cold wind prickled his face. He thrust his hands into his pockets as he felt numbness spread through his fingers.

"Tell you what," said Ron, his teeth chattering, "should we head into the Three Broomsticks? They might be in there!"

Harry was more than willing, he nodded his head and Ron tapped him on his arm as he walked in a different direction.

As the two of them walked, Harry was almost blindsided by Crabbe and Goyle running past, holding what looked like a sideways statue between them. Two other Slytherins, who Harry didn't know the names of, barged directly into him but continued on running.

Soon the two of them entered a tiny inn. It was extremely crowded, noisy, warm and smoky. Harry looked round the inn to see (Y/N) and Hermione; their clothes covered in snow as they had obviously been caught up in the snowstorm outside.

"Ron," said Harry, getting his attention. "Look, they're here."

Ron seemed too distracted though, his eyes were drawn to a woman who was tending to a group of rowdy warlocks.

"That's Madam Rosmerta," said Ron. "I'll get the drinks, shall I?", he added, going slightly red.

"But (Y/N) and Herm—"

"Yeah, yeah," responded Ron, clearing paying Harry no mind. "I'll be with you in a minute."

Ron walked over to the lady and with a sigh, Harry walked over to (Y/N) and Hermione; they had stowed themselves away at a table in between a window and a handsome Christmas tree which stood next to a fireplace.

(Y/N) was the first of the two to notice Harry, and he greeted him with a smile and a raised eyebrow. "Look at you, Potter, aren't you just a little rule-breaker?"

Hermione raised her head and took notice of Harry, although she had a far less warm greeting than (Y/N)'s.

"Harry?" she squealed. "What are you doing here? How — how did you get here?"

Harry sat down at the table before dropping his voice low as he informed them all about the Marauder's Map.

"Wow," said (Y/N), "a map can do all that? I've got get myself one of those."

"No you won't," said Hermione sternly. "Besides, Harry not going to keep it anyway. He's going the hand it to Professor McGonagall, aren't you, Harry?"

"No, I'm not!" said Harry.

He saw Hermione's brow furrow and her lips turn into a frown, but he was spared a harsh lecture as Ron approached the table, putting two tankards of hot Butterbeer.

"Where in the blood hell have you two been?" said Ron, sitting down next to Harry.

"We've been here," said Hermione, quickly and dismissively.