14. Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff: The Tragic Match and its Tragic Aftermath

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N) woke up to see the sight of rain battering against the dorm windows and the trees being shoved back and forth by the wind.

He thought the team would be down in the Great Hall eating breakfast, so with a sigh and groan as he practically climbed out of bed, (Y/N) changed into his robes and walked down to the Great Hall.

Sure enough, as he walked into the Great Hall, (Y/N) saw his teammates at the Gryffindor Table. He sat down besides Alicia Spinnet and saw the muscle in Oliver's cheek tensing.

"It's gonna be fine, Oliver."

"It's going to be a tough one," said Oliver, his eyes set on his untouched bowl of porridge.

"Stop worrying, Oliver," said Alicia soothingly, "we don't mind a bit of rain."

But as they walked down to the pitch, they were truly confronted with the horrible reality it was more than 'just a bit of rain'.

As people walked down to the pitch, heads bowed against the ferocious wind, umbrellas being whipped out of their hands, little first years were like ragdolls as they were thrown around by the wind.

They entered the changing rooms and after quickly changing into their scarlet robes, the team waited for Wood's usual pre-match pep talk.

But it didn't come, he obviously tried but each time he looked like he was about to speak, he then made an odd gulping, shook his head hopelessly and eventually just beckoned them to follow him.

(Y/N) was almost blown backwards as they walked out onto the pitch. If the crowd was cheering in the stands, the team wasn't able to hear them in the fresh rolls of thunder.

The Hufflepuffs were approaching from the opposite side of the pitch, wearing their canary-yellow robes. The captains walked up to each other and shook hands; Diggory smiled at Wood but Wood looked like he lockjaw and merely nodded.

(Y/N) saw Madam Hooch's mouth form the words, "Mount your brooms." He mounted his broom, his left foot squelching out of the mud as he did so.

Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant, and they were off.

(Y/N) found it nearly impossible to see as he attempted to follow Angelina through the pouring rain. He squinted as the rain washed over his face and into his eyes, and just caught the sight of Angelina catching the Quaffle.

But she soon lost it as she couldn't keep a grip of the wet ball. It flew behind her and (Y/N) had hardly anytime to react but caught it regardless. Angelina looked over her shoulder as (Y/N) hugged the Quaffle with one hand against his chest.

She motioned to him with two fingers and quickly pointed in front of her. Squinting harder, (Y/N) could just make out the sight of the three goal hoops.

He riskly motioned for her to fly off to the left as he took his free hand off his broom and sank lower towards the pitch.

Quickly putting his hand back in his broom, (Y/N) leaned forward as he tried to get more streamlined. He sped forward towards the hoops as he managed to make out the outline of the Hufflepuff Keeper.

He was flying beneath him and (Y/N) wasn't sure he could make the shot but he took a risk.

The Keeper seemed to be completely lost and wasn't looking at (Y/N) as he was obviously covered by the rain. Rearing his arm back, (Y/N) threw the Quaffle with as much force as he could, the ball curved slightly with the wind but nevertheless went straight into the hoop.