Hilltop

We'd been running for I don't know how long, occasionally finding tire marks. Then Daryl stopped us, we slowly went over a hill seeing Jesus changing a tire. One must've gone flat. We snuck to the woods on the side of the road so we could catch him by surprise. I went on one side with Rick, Katie and Daryl on the other.

Rick ran up and grabbed Jesus.

"Don't move and maybe I won't hurt you," Rick growled.

Jesus pulled out some crazy moves and got out. I tried to grab him but he dodged it and I got thrown against the truck. Daryl and Katie came, he dodged Daryl's punch, but must not have seen Katie behind him. She pressed the gun to the side of his head.

"Move and you die!" She hissed, shoving him to the ground. Daryl and I exchanged a look. Holy shit. Daryl and Rick both aimed their guns at him, Katie fell back beside me. A walker must've heard the commotion and began walking from the woods.

"You even have any ammo?" Jesus asked. Daryl and Rick each put a bullet into the walker without saying a word, aiming the guns right back at him.

"You're really gonna shoot me over a truck?" He asked a new question.

"Lotta food on that truck," Rick replied. Rick took the keys and tied him up.

"You're really gonna leave me like this? In front of a child? What do you think you're teaching her?" Jesus asked, but there was no pleading.

"The knots aren't tight, you'll get free when we're long gone," Rick ignored his questions.

"Maybe we should talk now," Jesus suggested.

Daryl shook up the soda and threw it at him, "In case you get thirsty."

We then all climbed into the truck, Daryl put his hand on my thigh. A small gesture, but enough to give me butterflies.

After driving for a while we heard banging on the roof. Rick slammed on the breaks and Jesus flew off.

How the actual fuck.

"What," Katie stated, not a question, just confused. He began to sprint, Rick chased him with the truck.

"Oh boy," I muttered. Daryl jumped out to sprint after him.

"Dude! No! Daryl!" I yelled.

"Daryl! Stop!" Rick yelled too. Jesus dodged all grabs, it looked like 2 kids playing in the yard. Obviously it wasn't, but still. It'd almost be funny if there weren't walkers tied to a car less than 10 yards away. Walkers that were now coming undone.

"I'll get him! Get the walkers!" Daryl yelled.

I got out to help Rick, Katie stayed in the truck. While we were stabbing walkers, I heard Katie scream. Turning around, Jesus was in the truck. Daryl grabbing at thim. A walker a few feet away.

"Daryl! Look out!" I yelled, but he was too focused on the guy to hear me.

"Go, I got these ones," Rick commanded quickly.

I started running, noticing Jesus now had a gun.

"Daryl!" I yelled. Katie had left the truck the moment Jesus had jumped in. She was a little bit away. Daryl ducked and Jesus shot the walker, Daryl proceeded to punch him in the face and jump in the truck, it began to roll down a hill.

"Daryl! Get out!" I screamed. There was a lake right at the bottom of that hill.

"Daryl!" We were all yelling his name. They both jumped out right before the truck went straight into the lake. The door had hit Jesus and knocked him out cold. We all ran towards them, the truck slowly sinking. Daryl was irritated, but Rick convinced him to bring Jesus with us. We found a car, Katie sat in the passenger seat. Daryl in the middle, Jesus on one side, me on the other in the back. He was still out cold. Which is where I was about to be, because I was very, very tired. Daryl had one arm around me, I leaned into him, he was very warm. He also smelled like sweat, not pleasant, but I was too tired to care.