Infected(21)

Another gun shot rang out.

"What the fuck are they doing?" I asked, panic rising once again. Where was my daughter? Is she safe? Is she okay? We made it to the farm and went inside. Katie ran to me, her arms wrapping around me, nearly knocking me over.

"I'm okay," I told her.

"Where's Rick?" Daryl asked.

"They aren't back yet," Lori answered.

"We heard a shot," I stated, two actually.

"Maybe they found Randall," Lori suggested.

"Nah, we found him," Glenn stated.

"Is he back in the shed?" Carol asked.

"He was a walker," Daryl answered, standing closely to me.

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Maggie asked.

"No, the weird thing is, he wasn't bit," Glenn answered.

"But his neck was broke," Daryl added.

"So he fought back," Patricia stated.

"The thing is, Shane and Randall's footprints were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker. So he didn't come up behind him, they were together," Daryl informed them.

"Will you go find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?" Lori asked.

"You got it," Daryl answered.

"I'll come," I stated.

Daryl shook his head, "Stay here, it's safer."

"Please stay," Katie pleaded holding me closer. I debated it for a moment, I didn't want to leave Katie, but I didn't want Daryl to get hurt either.

"Stay safe," I told him.

"Always," He replied. I at least followed him out onto the porch.

"Holy shit," I muttered. Walkers, hundreds maybe thousands. On the other side of the barn. Everyone came out.

"Patricia, kill the lights," Hershel commanded.

"I'll get the guns," Andrea added. Katie began to whimper softly. Clinging tightly to my shirt. Theo came up behind me, grabbing my hand gently.

"Let go of me," I snarled softly, he scoffed but backed away. Daryl glared at him. Katie cried, I pulled her closer to me.

"Maybe they'll pass like the herd on the highway, should we just go inside?" Glenn asked.

"Not unless there's a tunnel I don't know about, a herd that size would tear the house apart," Daryl stated. He seemed wayyy to calm for this.

Lori came outside.

"Carl's gone!" She said, panic lacing her voice.

"What?" We all asked at the same time.

"He was upstairs, I can't find him anymore," She said, panting.

"Maybe he's hiding," Glenn suggested.

"He's supposed to be upstairs," She said, her face paniced, her breath racing, "I'm not leaving without my boy."

"We're not leaving without him," Carol said, "We're gonna look again, we're gonna find him."

Andrea came back out, handing me a hunting rifle.

"I think there's too many," I said as fear started making me shake a little. My daughter was the only thing on my mind, I couldn't let anything happen to her.