Kidnapped(3)

Bella's P.O.V

Glenn was sitting in the drivers seat. Rick in the passenger and the rest of us in the back.

"He better be okay. That's my only word on the matter," Daryl said looking straight ahead at T-dog, Daryl sat in front of me with his crossbow.

"I told you, the geeks can't get through that door. The only thing that's gonna get through... is us," T-dog reassured. Daryl wiped his red hankerchief that he always had in his back pocket across his forehead to wipe the sweat off. We stopped beside a railroad and Glenn turned to look at us. It was unbelieveably hot in here, a thin coat of sweat covered my body.

"We walk from here," Glenn stated.

I got up and wiped the seat of my pants off from the dust and then got out of the moving van, Daryl and T-dog behind me. T-dog had bolt cutters and his knife, Daryl had his crossbow and a knife, Rick had a gun, I had my 4 throwing knives, and Glenn had a backpack. We jogged and made it to a fence, T-dog and Rick went through, then Glenn. I was going to wait till last, but Daryl nodded his toward the fence signaling for me to go first. I went through following behind Glenn.

"What do we get first? Merle or the guns?" Rick asked.

"Merle! We ain't even havin this conversation!" Daryl defended.

"Yes, we are. You know the geography, it's your call," Rick said to Glenn.

"Merle's closest, the guns would mean doubling back. Merle first," Glenn stated.

*

We jogged to the building, Rick pointed to a walker. I took my knife and threw it, I missed and threw a second one hitting it in the head. I quickly went to retrieve my knives. Glenn, T-dog, and Rick started heading up the stairs to where Merle was. Daryl stayed behind standing by the bottom stair. I walked over.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked.

"Didn't want you to get left behin' too," He said before we both headed up the stairs. By the time we got up there,
T-dog had just gotten through the chain that he had hooked through the door.

"Merle!" Daryl yelled the second the door opened. We all ran to where he was cuffed, except he wasn't cuffed, he was gone.

"No!" Daryl screamed with tears threatening at the brim of his eyes. "No!" He screamed a few more times.

There was nothing but a bloody hacksaw, the cuffs, a hand, and a pool of blood. My stomach shot up to my throat. He cut off his own hand?!

Finally Daryl snapped, aiming his crossbow to T-dog's head, Rick immediately put his gun to Daryl's head.

"I won't hesitate, I don't care if every walker in the city hears it," Rick stated. After a moment of hesitation, Daryl put his crossbow back at his side and Rick did the same with his gun.

"You gotta rag or somethin?" Daryl asked. T-dog shook his head, I pulled a bandana out of my pocket and held it out, offering it. He took it and nodded a 'thanks' crouching down beside the hand.

"I guess the saw blade was to dull to get through the cuffs," Daryl stated picked up the hand by the pinkie and laying it on the rag. He folded it up and put it in Glenn's backpack, Glenn squeezed his eyes shut in disgust. Daryl looked over at me. I was really glad I didn't eat this morning, gross. I looked around noticing a trail of blood.

"Guys," I said softly, nodding towards it.

We followed it and ended up at another staircase. I was in the lead, about to head down the stairs with my knife ready to throw. Daryl put an arm out in front of me, stopping me and then he walked in front of me taking the lead. I shook my head slightly