Leave the Past Where it Belongs(25)

Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked.

One of the men repeated his question.

"He's bleeding out, we have to get out of here," I announced, T-dog was doing the door alone, I was just in the way. Rick was commanding stuff about Hershel, I stood by Daryl with my gun raised to help him deal with the prisoners.

"Come on out of there," Daryl commanded, "Slow and steady."

"What happened to him?" A man with a black mullet asked.

"He got bit," Daryl answered.

"Bit?" The man asked pulling his gun out.

"Put the gun down!" I snarled at him. Glenn walked passed them.

"You got medical supplies?" Glenn asked continuing to walk and go into their area.

T-dog had the door held shut with whatever was in the room so he came over to me and Daryl.

"Who are you people?" The man with the mullet asked.

"You don't look like no rescue team," A dude with a mustache said.

"You can't be serious right?" I asked.

"We gotta go!" Rick yelled. T-dog opened the door and we killed the walkers. Glenn grabbed a rolling table that they put Hershel on and they began leaving.

"Come on!" Rick yelled at us.

"Go," Daryl commanded me.

"What abo-" I started.

"I'll be right behind you," He answered, I ran to the door after Hershel, Daryl backed away keeping his crossbow raised at the prisoners. Then we all ran back to cell block C. Leaving the prisoners behind.

The prisoners ended up following us. I was in the back ready for walkers, the closest to the prisoners. Daryl took the walkers in the front but ran to me when we heard the prisoners.

"Stay behind me," Daryl commanded. I didn't move and aimed my gun at the man with the mullet. There was a tall dark skinned man, the largest of them all. A man that resembled Kevin hart. The mustache dude, then another dark skinned man who was tall but not nearly as large as the other.

We made it back, T-dog and Daryl stayed in the room beside the cell block waiting for the prisoners. I was gonna stay with them, but Daryl pushed me in and Carl locked it. I had a set of keys, but I ran to Katie who was looking at Hershel with wide eyes.

"Don't look," I commanded her and they wheeled Hershel into the first cell.

"Please watch the kids!" Carol yelled from the cell.

"You got it!" I yelled back. Beth, Lori, Carl, Katie, Mason, and I sat inside a different cell on the second floor away from the prisoners sight. Tanner had stayed behind, he had a migraine.

Daryl's P.O.V

I stayed behind and waited for the prisoners to come through the door.

"That's far enough," I said once they had all gotten into the room. They looked at me with wide eyes.

"Block C, cell 4, that's mine Gringo," Mullet said, "Let me in."

"Today's yer lucky day fellas, yer pardoned by the state of Georgia and yer free to go," I told them keeping mullet's head in the sight of crossbow.

"What you got goin on in there?" Mullet asked as the door leading to Block C opened.

"Ain't none of yer concern," I told him, refusing to take my eyes off them. Bella stood beside me, I wish she'd go back into the Cell Block. It isn't safe for her out here, I don't know what these men are in here for.