Afraid of Nothing(40)

Katie's P.O.V

"They're alive, and I'm gonna find them," Glenn said picking up the pack and walking again. Abraham stood and went to tackle him.

"Glenn!" I yelled, but it was too late, Abraham had already knocked him down. He was currently trying to strangle Glenn, others yelled at him. I took my gun and pressed it to his head.

"You have 3 seconds to let him go," I snarled, and when I hit 3 I was pulling the trigger.

"1," I started.

"2," I snarled more aggressively, Abraham backed off. He tried grabbing my gun, but I jumped back.

"A gun should not be in a child's hands," He snarled, his face almost as red as his hair. Abraham went right back to attacking Glenn, I would've shot him, but Glenn was up and the other 2 girls were after him. I couldn't risk shooting Glenn. Bullets were being fired, the Eugene guy had a gun, a herd of walkers came out of a field. He shot the truck. The guy couldn't shoot to save his life.

They stopped firing and ran for Eugene, yelling at him to stop shooting. We followed, helping them shoot the herd down. Glenn handed me a different gun, throwing the other one back in the truck. It was another rapid firing weapon. We took down multiple walkers, their blood spraying on other walkers before they all fell limp to the ground. Soon they were all dead. Eugene had shot the truck in multiple places. Gasoline was leaking out of it. The truck was useless now. Great, just great. We decided to go back towards the bus, Eugene and the others followed us. They had no ride so they were coming with us until they found a new one. We walked and we walked and we walked.

Bella's P.O.V

We were on our way back, Rick came running at us, we all turned and began running too. Slow enough that Rick could catch up, then we really sprinted. What happened back there? We heard gunfire so we assumed it was really bad. We were on the train tracks and we walked and we walked and we walked. Something inside me believed Katie was okay, believed that she was safe. I would find her, I just know I would. We found a sign, Terminus. A map was on it.

"That's where we should go, that's it," Rick said, so we kept on walking. You gotta hold on. Hold on.

Daryl's P.O.V

(Author's Note- Although the bonding between Beth and Daryl is important, writing about them going to get a drink for Beth is boring as hell to write, so I'm skipping to the more entertaining part, sorry.)

I was playing some drinking game with Beth called Never Have I ever. I was a little drunk, she said she'd never shot a crossbow so she was about to learn.

"Come on, what better practice than this guy right here!" I yelled. I had him pinned to a pole. I wrapped my arm around Beth, put her hands on the bow and shot, then I reloaded and did it again.

"Come on, Greene, let's pull these out and get more target practice," I told her walking towards it, she ran passed me and stabbed it in the head, I pulled my arrows out.

"The hell you do that for? We was havin fun," I growled.

"No you're being a jackass, if someone found my da-" She started.

"Don't! That ain't even remotely the same," I snarled at her.

"Killing them isn't supposed to be fun," She snapped back.

"What do you want from me girl? Huh?" I yelled.

"I want you stop acting like you don't give a crap about anything. Like nothing we went through mattered, like none of the people we lost hurt you. Like you don't even care about losing Katie and Bella! It's bullshit, you care about them, we all see it! Yet you continue acting like they were just some piece of trash on the side of the road and you're okay with them being gone! It's bullshit!" She ranted.

"Is that whatchu think?" I growled, she was tearing up, my voice cracked and I hated it.

"That's what I know," She retorted.

"You don't know nothin," I shot back.

I do care about Katie and Bella, I care about the rest of the group. I just don't want Bella and Katie to know that I cared. I regretted telling her I cared for her. She trusted me with her and Katie's life and look what happened. She's better off without me. I never should have kissed her, I never should've hugged her, I never should've gotten attached to her or Katie. I love Katie like she's my own daughter and I love Bella. Now that they're gone I don't know what to do, I'll never see them again. It hurts, it hurts a lot, and if I would've just protected them and not gotten attached. I would've been fine, but now I'm not and they're both probably dead. The two people I loved the most were probably dead and it's all my fault.

"I know you look at me and see another dead girl, I'm not Michonne, I'm not Bella, I'm not Carol, I'm not Maggie. I survived and you don't get it because I'm not like you or them. And you don't get to treat me like crap just because you're afraid!" She rambled.

"I ain't afraid of nothin," I snarled, tears forming in my eyes. Katie wasn't my blood, and I know that, but she's close enough. Bella and I aren't together, but-

"I saw you after Bella got into a car accident with Lori, you were protective, worried. You spent forever looking for that little girl in the barn, you were hurt. You were sad. Plus you're always by Katie and Bella's side, you've protected them on multiple occasions. The way you looked at her was enough to show you cared. Always worried about whether she was safe or not, we all saw it, we all know! You don't have to hide it!" She yelled, "God forbid you let Katie or Bella get to close!"

"Too close huh? You know all about that huh? Lost two boyfriends and couldn't even shed a tear! You're whole family's gone and all you can do is look for a hooch like some dumb college bitch!" I yelled back.

"Screw you, you just don't get it!" She hissed at me.

"No, you don't get it, everyone we know is dead!" I yelled, my voice continuing to raise.

"You don't know that!" She yelled back.

"Might as well be, you ain't never gonna see Maggie again, we ain't gonna see none of em," I yelled, my voice lowered as it broke. I'm never going to see Bella again. I'm never going to see Katie again. Never.

"Governor rolled right up to our gates... Maybe if I never stopped lookin, maybe if I never gave up, that's on me! And your dad? Maybe I coulda done something..." My voice was broken, tears welled up. Beth wrapped her arms around me from behind. Sure she tried, but I would kill to hug Bella again, I should've done it more often. Maybe I didn't need to be in their lives before, but I sure as hell wanted to.

"We'll find them, you'll find Bella, you'll find Katie, You will," Beth said quietly. Tears fell from my eyes. It was hopeless, they could be anywhere. My head hung low and I just sobbed.

(Author's note- I'm skipping the building getting burnt down and Beth getting kidnapped, we all know it happens, I just don't want to write it lmao.)

Katie's P.O.V

As we were walking we found a sign. Terminus. Sanctuary for All, Community for all, Those who arrive Survive. That's where we were going. Maybe my mom will be there.

.... Anyways. Thank you for reading, next. Don't forget to vote!!!!