Home Sweet Home(24)

Sorry this chapter sucks, I had it done but it got deleted and so I lost most of what I wrote. So it isn't nearly as detailed......

The next morning, someone's hand was on my shoulder.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty," Daryl purred.

I groaned but sat up. It was early morning, but the sun was up. I went to lay back down, but Daryl grabbed my arms and pulled me to a standing position.

"I know yer tired darlin, we'll get this done and then you can sleep ight?" He asked.

I nodded, wiping the sleep from my eyes. The kids, Hershel, and the women stayed back except for me and Maggie. The kids and them popped walkers through the fence. We were in formation, stabbing walkers that got close to us. Daryl was beside me in the back, I had my knives in hand. Walkers made their way towards us.

I stabbed one in the temple, his body becoming a dead weight. I yanked my knife from it's head and prepared for the next one. I repeated this little dance over and over again. The yelling of the others overcame the walker groans. They were hitting the fence trying to get the walkers to them instead.

We went in formation, stabbing walkers that got near us. I shoved my knife into the skull of some male walker that got too close.

"T don't break rank!" Rick yelled as T-dog ran for a guard shield. A walker got close to him and he shoved it down with the shield, then Maggie broke formation to go stab the walker.

"Maggie! T!" Rick yelled. They came back and we continued our push forward.

"Almost there," Rick stated. Then he pinned himself against the wall, his eyes widening. The rest of the group followed. Daryl moved forward slowly with his crossbow raised. Guard walkers came out from behind a dumpster. Daryl shot at it, but the arrow bounced off the hood. I hurled my knife, but same results. I sprinted for my knife and kicked the walker down. I picked up the arrow too, then I ran back to the group giving Daryl his arrow back. More prisoner walkers came through an open gate. We killed those with ease as Rick closed that gate. Walkers slammed against the gate in an attempt to get to us.

We were beating the shit out of the guard walkers. There were a few prison walkers still wandering beside us. I lifted the helmet of a guard walker and plunged my knife through its chin. It slumped against me and I dropped it on the ground.

"Do it like that!" Daryl yelled. Then after a few more stabs we were done. We killed all the walkers in that area. Blood drenched my shirt and pants, it was in my hair and on my face.

"Gross," I muttered.

"It looks secure," Glenn said.

"Not from the look of that courtyard over there," Daryl said pointing to the overrun courtyard.

"And that's a civilian," I muttered pointing to a dead female walker, she was wearing a gray dress.

"So the interior could be overrun with walkers from outside the prison," T-dog groaned.

"Well if there's walls down what are we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place," Glenn asked.

"We can't risk a blind spot either, we'll have to push in," Rick said.

We opened the door. It was quiet, empty. Rick went up to a tower inside and found keys. He gave a set to me and Daryl and kept one for himself. We cleared out cell block C. There were a few walkers trapped in prison cells. T-dog dragged them out and everyone came inside.

"So what do you think?" Rick asked.

"Home sweet home," Glenn said.

"For the time being, tomorrow we'll find an infirmary and the cafeteria," Rick told us. Katie brought in our bags.