New Year's Eve(43)

Bella's P.O.V

We were in the middle of the street by a truck. Carl and I were inside, Rick and Michonne by the fire. I was curled up in the drivers seat, getting some sleep. Carl slept in the back. I felt safe for some reason. We all had part of a small rabbit. A very, very small rabbit, but it was something. I was just about asleep when I noticed Rick and Michonne stand, I quietly opened the truck door and stepped out. I pulled my knife from my belt. Waiting for them to say something. I refused to make a noise in case it was bad. They sat back down, I stood out for a moment longer. Looking at Carl, he was peacefully asleep. I wish I had that picture of Katie and I, I'm pretty sure she still had it, I just wanted to see her face again. Suddenly a knife was to my throat, I gasped. The guy took my weapons.

Rick had a gun to his head, someone had Michonne's sword. A fat man reached for Carl.

"Leave him alone," I hissed elbowing the guy with a knife to my throat. He had his arm tightly around my neck. He kicked the back of my knees causing me to fall to the ground.

"Shut up, bitch," He hissed in my ear. A few more guys came out of the woods.

"Oh, dearie me, you screwed up asshole," The man holding a gun to Rick's head said. He has a beard, kind of looked like your typical biker, the one by Michonne was tan with a bandana around his head.

"Today is a day of reckoning sir," The man by Rick said.

Carl yelled.

"Don't touch him!" I yelled, the guy behind me dug his knife into my throat, causing warm blood to flow down into my shirt.

"I was thinking of turnin for the night on New years eve," The guy by Rick said, "Now who's gonna help me count the ball dropper?"

The guy yanked Carl from the car, Carl screamed again.

I grunted as the guy dug his knife just a bit deeper. I tried elbowing the guy again. He kicked me down, punched me in the face, kicked me in the stomach, then forced me back on my knees. Putting the knife back where it was. More blood seeped from my neck, now blood was running down my nose and down my face.

"A bit of a fighter over there huh?" The guy by Rick asked, "Give up sweetheart."

"10 Mississippi, 9 Mississippi," The guy by Rick counted. My heart was exploding, my lungs wanted to collapse, sweat dripped down my neck and into the cut. It burned, and it hurt. I wanted to swallow the lump in my throat, but that would cause the knife to go just a bit deeper. The man was still counting.

"8 Mississippi-" He continued.

"Joe!" A voice called from behind me, one I recognized. Daryl? Joe, was the man by Rick. Daryl stepped forward, where I could see him, his eyes never met mine.

"Hold up," Daryl told Joe.

"You're stopping me on eight, Daryl," Joe said, annoyance at the interruption clear in his voice.

"Just hold up," Daryl said.

"This is the guy that killed Lou so we got nothin to talk about," Some dude said.

"The thing about nowadays is that we got nothin but time, say your peace Daryl," Joe commanded.

"These people, you're gonna let em go, they're good people," Daryl explained calmly.

"I think Lou would have to disagree with you on that, I'll have to speak for him and all cause your friend here, strangled him in a bathroom," Joe spoke.

"You want blood, I get it, take it from me man," Daryl said dropping his crossbow and opening his arms.

"No!" I cried out. Daryl ignored me.