CDC(Part 1) Chapter 7

Bella's P.O.V

The next morning, the only people that weren't going was Morales and his family. They were giving them some guns and I could see the look of disgust on Daryl's face. Carl was beside me sitting on the hood Rick's car. Tears flowed down his face and I wrapped an arm around him. They all said their goodbyes to Morales and his family. Carl cried into my shoulder.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright, don't you worry," I told him.

"I'm scared," He whispered. I wasn't going to lie to him.

"Me too," I whispered back and he held onto me tighter.

"Alright, let's go!" Shane called, I let go of Carl and got into the truck. Theo hopped in the driver's seat.

"This group is a joke," He stated furrowing his eyebrows together.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He laughed.

"That brown haired chick was making them kids do homework. I don't know what the hell the rest of them have been doing, that camp was a couple of tents. They were burning bodies so it clearly wasn't safe," He answered.

"They're really nice though," I told him.

"Nice doesn't get you anywhere."

Learn from experience?

I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all.

"What've you been doing around there? Playin whore?" He asked, I looked at him in disbelief.

"No! Of course not!"

"You and that redneck seemed pretty close."

"No," I laughed looking at the trees passing by.

"He seemed pretty worried about you."

"Trust me, nothing happened with any of them, least of all him."

He laughed, seeming happy with my answer.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked him.

"What?"

"Was it quick?"

"What?" He asked with confusion looking over to me.

"K-" I choked back the sob coming from my throat.

"Yes, it was, I doubt she even felt it," He stated with a small smile.

"O-Okay," I barely got out, before I silently broke down. She constantly hovered my thoughts, no matter what we were doing or what I was thinking. She was always involved in my thoughts, it made it hard not to break down.

"You should just move on," He stated seriously, "we're better off without her anyways."

I glared at him, "You did not just say that."

Sadness left, I was beyond angry right now.

"She would've slowed us down, been an extra mouth to feed, a burden. She wouldn't be safe in this world. She's better off dead," He argued.

"That was our daughter!"

"So? She doesn't have to live in fear or starve. Or deal with you anymore, your breakdowns that you're clearly struggling with right now."

"I'm breaking down because my kid is dead! Did you ever care about her?" I snapped.

"Of course I cared, I loved her! You don't believe that though because I hit her one time, she deserved it! She was threatening me!" He yelled as he continued driving.