Chapter 9

Bronx's POV

I wake up on the cold tiles of the ensuite bathroom that connects to my room. Looking around, the memories of what happened came crashing down around as if they were waves at the beach. Standing up took more effort than it should. My wrists are dried, bloody messes. Walking over to the sink took even more work than standing up. The water that ran out of the tap was warm, feeling nice on the fresh scars. I watched with a monotonous face the clear water turn to a translucent-like pink from the blood.

"Vinny? Wherths Mama?" I hear Chase ask through the door.

"I don't know bud. Let's go down stairs for breakfast." Vincent says.

Did they sleep in my room?

"Did you happen to see her?" Alessandro asks a few moments later; he must be outside the door of my room.

"No. I don't think she realizes how much we need her. If she's not here within the next day, I don't know what I'll do. I love her." Vincent says.

They still want me? They'll still tolerate me? He loves me? How? I'm not worthy. How could he love me?

"I know. I love her too. She has to be in the house somewhere. Let's just leave her be. She'll come out when she's ready." Alessandro says.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Let's go. I think Nathan is making waffles."

"Really!"

With a small chuckle, I head to the door.

"I know you're in there Bron. I'm not going to make you come out, just know that we all love you. We don't care if you had a son at ten years old. It wasn't your fault. We'd love to help you if you'd let us. Come down for breakfast. I won't make you talk, just eat. You've been in there all night. We want to see you and your beautiful face." Alessandro says through the bathroom door.

He knows I'm here?

"O-okay." I whisper.

I get up and go to the sink, washing the blood from my wrists and washing my face quickly. Finally, I grab the doorknob and push the door open. Instantly, I'm met with Alessandro's soft hazel eyes.

"D-do y-you really l-love me?" I stutter.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" He says, pulling me into a gentle hug.

I stayed in his arms for what felt like days, yet it was only a few seconds.

"I love you." He says, then plants a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Let's go get some waffles." He says, grabbing my hand and walking down the stairs.

That is how I had my first taste of waffles with my new family.