Chapter 5-Stolen kisses

"What is it?", I say

"Well...I kinda need you to...Pretend to be my girlfriend", he says, looking down.

"What? Why?"

"Well...I told my parents I would introduce them to my girlfriend...But she just broke up with me and I need somebody to introduce my parents to".

"I'm sorry to hear that she broke up with you".

"It's fine", it clearly wasn't

He smiled at me, "so...You'll do it?"

I sigh, "I guess"

He jumps up and down excitedly and then hugs me.

"What time should I be here?", I ask.

"Tomorrow at 4 pm"

I nod, "sounds good".

I go to leave and Mark grabs my hand.

"Seriously, thank you, Myla", he says, genuinely.

"You're welcome"

We stare into each other's eyes for a second and then Mark clears his throat and opens the door.

"Well, I guess you can leave now".

"Okay"

Mark steps out of the bathroom before me and hurries upstairs.

Actually, while I'm here I should go talk to Jaehyun. I need to convince him to let Lucas into the frat.

I wander upstairs and walk down the hallway. Conveniently, Jaehyun's door has a sign on it that says his name. I knock on the door and then step inside.

"Jaehyun?", I call into his room. 

I walk further into his room and eye the darkness warily. I gasp as I trip over something and fall on the floor. 

"Ouch", I say, feeling the fresh wound on my knee.

"Are you okay?", I turn my head to the sound of someone's voice.

"Jaehyun?"

"Well, yeah. Who else would it be?"

I shrug and Jaehyun comes up to me. He lifts me up and sits me on his bed. He turns a light on and I see his face more clearly. His hair is slightly messy and he just washed his face.

"There's a first-aid kit downstairs. Let's go".

I stand up and immediately fall back onto the bed. I hiss from the stinging sensation on my leg. Jaehyun frowns and picks me up bridal style. I put my hands on his bare chest to support myself and he carries me downstairs. He sets me on the couch while he goes and gets the first-aid kit. He comes back and kneels down in front of me. He rolls my pant leg up and wipes away the blood with a warm rag. Then, he grabs some peroxide and pours it onto a cotton pad.

I grab his hand, "please don't. It's really gonna hurt".

He bites his lip, "just...Squeeze my hand if it burns, okay?"

I nod and take deep breaths. He lightly applies the peroxide and I squeeze his hand and ball my other hand into a fist, digging my nails into my palm.

"You're all done", he says, throwing the cotton pad away. 

He grabs a bandage and wraps it around my knee. He sits down on the couch next to me and stares at our hands, pressed together. I notice but don't let go.

"So...Why were you looking for me?", he asks, looking at me.

"I wanted to give Lucas a...Recommendation letter?"

He raises an eyebrow, "okay?"

"It's just....I think he would fit in amazingly here. And whenever he's here, he's so happy".

Jaehyun smiles, "I know. In fact, I was considering Lucas to be apart of this fraternity. I think it would be fun"

I smile, "really?"

He nods. After our smiles subside, we look into each other's eyes. I lean in and gently kiss Jaehyun. 

Jaehyun clears his throat and pulls away, "I-I have a girlfriend. I mean, it's complicated, but I'm pretty sure we're...Y'know"

"Oh-", I blush.

"I'm sorry".

"No, no. It's okay", he says, reassuringly. 

"Well...I should head home"

He nods, "okay. See ya around".

I slowly stand up and wince at the injury on my leg. I limp out of the house and somehow make it back to my dorm in one piece.