Chapter 8-We're the only ones here

I duck behind a bookshelf in the farthest corner of the library. I hear Lucas finish counting and start walking around, looking for me. I scan the shelf in front of me and notice something sticking out between two of the books. I pull it out and see a small piece of paper with fancy handwriting on it. It reads,

"I've only known you for two days, but I wanna marry you. You're so beautiful, kitten"

Did Yuta write this?

My frantic thoughts are interrupted by a light being shone on me. 

"Found ya", Lucas says, smiling.

"Aww...How'd you find me so fast?"

"Well, knowing you, you'd go as far as you can, so this corner makes sense".

I pout and stand up.

Lucas shines the flashlight on the note in my hand, "what'cha got there?"

"Nothing", I put the note in my pocket and walk past him.

"So...What's next?", he asks.

"Home", I say, yawning.

"No, we haven't even been here for 20 minutes!", he whines.

I giggle and pinch his cheeks.

"Okay...Then what do you wanna do?", I ask him.

"I asked you first"

I think for a moment, "hmmm...We could read".

"That's boring", he whines again.

"I know, but there's nothing else to do".

"We could...Play truth or dare", Lucas shrugs.

"Sure"

I walk towards the center of the library and sit down on the floor. Lucas sits down next to me. 

"I'll go first", he says, he looks around thinking of something to dare me to do, "truth or dare?"

"Dare", I say, confidently.

"I dare you to...Take your shirt off".

I smile, "already getting straight to the dirty, huh?"

He nods. I seductively take my shirt off and lay it in my lap.

"Lucas, truth or dare?"

"Truth", he says.

"Are you a virgin?", I ask him.

"No", he says, shyly.

I wiggle my eyebrows at him and he chuckles.

"Truth or dare, M?"

"Truth"

"Are you a virgin?", he asks me, leaning forward a little bit.

"No"

His smile fades and he leans back.

Lucas's POV...

I felt jealousy start to course through my veins. I had always imagined that Myla would give that part of herself to me. I didn't realize I had feeling towards her until the Summer of 10th grade. After that night at the pool with her, something clicked in my brain. I realized that I was in love with her. But I was always scared of telling her because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But now...Was it too late? 

Myla's POV...

"Lucas?"

He blinked and then looked at me.

"Yes?", he said, sounding dazed.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded, "yeah. I just....Forgot that I have an essay due tomorrow. I should get going".

He stood up and walked towards the window.

"See ya around, M"

I waved and then he left. Slowly, I stood up and walked towards the window. Before I left, I fished the note out of my pocket.

I should ask Yuta about this...

Then, without a second glance back at the dark library, I left and headed back to my dorm.