Chapter 13-Talk it out

A week has gone by and Lucas has been ignoring me. He's really pissed. Ever since that whole ordeal, San has been telling me I've been acting strange. I didn't actually notice what he means until yesterday. All week, I've been going to my classes and then coming straight home. When I get home, I go straight to my room and don't come out unless I have to pee or go to class. It's kind of a problem. Until today, I haven't asked myself if what Lucas said had upset me or not. But, today San made me take a shower, so I had lots of time to think about it. After lots of questions, I had come to a conclusion. Yes, what Lucas said did upset me, and I need to tell him that. So, here I was, heading towards Lucas's dorm, my heart beating a million times per minute. I finally arrived at his door, and put my fist up to it. I took a deep breath and lightly knocked. The door swung open and there he was. Sad, angry, confused, and messy. He pulled me inside and shut the door. He pushed me against it and locked his lips onto mine.

"I'm so sorry", he whispered against my lips, "I missed you".

He started sliding his hands under my shirt and softly squeezing my boobs. He moved his lips down to my neck and started sucking and nibbling on it.

"Lucas...", I said while he was attached to my neck, almost literally, "what you said really hurt my feelings".

"Really, I'm sorry. Forget what I said. You're not a slut, you're just...Exploring your options".

He stops kissing my neck and looks up at me, "you're gonna choose me, right?"

I bite my lip, "I don't know, honestly. I love you, but I don't know if it's as a friend or as more".

His eyes soften and he grabs my hand. We stand there for a moment, staring at each other, and then we go sit down on the couch. 

"Tell me everything. Tell me about the rest of the guys".

After telling Lucas everything I was holding in, I felt a lot better. And even though he liked me, he didn't interrupt me and say something arrogant, although, at times, I know he wanted to. This is one of the things that made Lucas my best friend.

"So...What do you think?", I asked him as he handed me a water.

"I think...", he opens his soda, "you have 4 years to decide. Hang out with everyone more and find out who you really connect with out of the 4. If it's not me...Then...It's not me. I just want you to be happy. Don't choose someone because you feel bad".

"Okay...", I say, taking a sip of water, "that helped, but didn't".

Lucas laughs, "sorry. That's all I can say. You still have the rest of college. Take some time to think about it".

I nod, "okay. Thanks...And don't judge me if I sleep around".

"I won't. You need to let loose. Have some fun", he says.

"Try not to get too jealous", I say.

He smiles, "I'll try. Alright, now, you have class. Go, go!"

I stand up and wave to Lucas and then head to class. When I get into class, I pull out my phone and text Johnny.

"Be at the fountain by the front gate at 3"