Chapter 17-What they deserve

I run back to my dorm and quickly head to my room. I close the door and sit on the floor. I stare at the horrendous photo in my hands and try to think of what it could be doing in Lucas's room.

Why would Lucas have a picture of 4 naked women, tied up, and lying on the ground with their throats sliced open?

I turn the photo over and gasp. In big red ink it reads, "you did this to them, you Chinese murderer".

Oh my god...Who gave this to him?

I tear the photo up and flush it down the toilet. I pull out my phone and dial San's number.

"Myla, can it wait? I finally scored a date with this hottie and he's about to come over here. I can't talk right now"

"San, please. It's an emergency. I need you to get me into somebody's email account".

I hear San sigh over the phone and then exchange a few words with his date.

"Alright, where are you?"

25 minutes later...

"Alright, you're in. Just don't send any emails, I don't wanna get arrested".

"Okay, I won't. Thanks, San".

"No problem", San goes back to his room and I pull the computer towards me. 

I scroll through Lucas's email and see an email from someone named Mike. 

"Go back to China, you bat-eating freak. Nobody wants you here".

I take a picture of the email and then keep scrolling. I find 10 more emails that I take pictures of. 

Then, I dial Mark's phone number.

"Hey, I need you to give me your Dad's number. It's urgent".

3 days later...

I stand by the fountain and smirk, watching Mike and three of his friends being put into the back of police cars.

Lucas comes up to me and looks at them, "what's going on?"

"Those assholes are gonna serve a year in jail".

"What?"

"I was able to show the DA proof of the nasty things they said to you, and I had Mark's Dad to back me up so they would take me seriously".

Lucas smiles, "for real?"

"Yeah, besties got each other's backs".

Lucas kisses me passionately and then puts his arm around my shoulder. 

Author's note:

This chapter was kind of short, but I wanted to include this chapter in the story. I don't know when you're reading this, but this chapter is being written on March 25, 2021. Recently, Asian hate has been soaring. Asian people have been getting killed because of white supremacy. White people are trying to make excuses and say that it's because the Asians "brought Covid to America", but in reality, it's because the whites are racist. I've only seen a few people talking about this, so I felt that it should be brought up. Sorry if this chapter made the book a bit gloomy, but that's just how the world is. 

P.S. If you're white, please don't feel like I'm targeting you. When I say whites, I mean the ones who are participating in Asian discrimination. 

Stop AAPI hate

I will now let you continue on to your regular, not sad story.