What if I can't protect you?(KamaNiwa)

This isn't a prompt, but an idea I thought of. I wanted some hurt/comfort and I saw how a lot of omegaverse stories (or at least one's I've read) don't talk about complications involving the birth. They talk about it, but I've seen it only once. I decided to make my own. So once again this is pure self indulgence.

Low key this is kinda based on my own experiences involving one of my cousins and my aunt (my cousin had a heart defect, they didn't know if he would live but he's okay. He's 7 now :D)

Kamsaki sighed, running his hand through his hair. It's nearly 2 am, yet he can't sleep. He didn't want to wake his mate with all his tossing and turning so he migrated to the couch 2 hours ago. Still, nothing changed. He can't sleep.

He looked at the his bedroom door, cracked open just barely. He could almost make out his mate's sleeping figure, although it was mostly a lump hidden by the blankets. He sighed before turning away.

Today's (or yesterday as it was past midnight) events that were on his mind. Today (yesterday) the couple found out that they were expecting another addition to their family.

"Aghh..." Moniwa collapsed onto their couch, face down into the soft material.

"You alright?" Yasushi would have comforted his mate, but someone had to watch Hiroki. He was beginning to be a troublemaker. Said pup was making grabby hands at Kaname, watching to be with his dam.

"No. That's the 3 time this week. I don't understand." His voice was sightly muffled by his face still in the couch. He had been sick for almost 2 weeks now, even throwing up sometimes, like he did just a while ago. "I doubt it's something I've eating because you're not sick, and there's no bug going around." he flipped onto his back "I don't get what's wrong with me."

"Maybe your body is messing with you."

"I don't think so" he holds his arms out "Give me my son."

"Our son" he corrects with a shit eating grin, Kaname looks unamused.

"Fine, hand me our son." He deposits Hiroki into his mother's arms. Kaname smiled, giving the pup an Eskimo kiss. Yasushi couldn't help smile at the scene. Hiorki had his mother's curly black hair but his father's brown eyes.

"You know Hiro, you made me just as sick when I was with you."

"Yeah. He did-" Yasushi stopped. He was right, Kaname was just as sick as he is now during the early stages of Hiroki's pregnancy. And omega's change in scent from a result of pregnancy would't fade until the pup was about a year old; Hiroki was only 8 months. They also had...made up for lost time and although it was rare for omegas, especially male ones, to get pregnant outside of heats, it was possible. He could be pregnant. His husband seemed to get the same conclusion, starting down at his stomach

"You don't think...."

It turns out thier suspicions were correct. 5 tests later, it was confirmed. Kaname was pregnant once again. Unlike Hiroki, who was planned, this was not. Yet they wouldn't change a thing about it.

Least until now after the alpha had real thought about it.

"Yasushi?" He was violently ripped from his thoughts by a voice. He whipped his head around to see who it was, tension fading away when he saw who it was.

"Oh...It's you. What are you doing? You should be asleep." Especially now, his mind added. Kaname had woken up, and saw his husband wasn't there and decided to go look from him. He ended up behind the couch where his husband had been for almost the last 3 hours right now, hands gripping the fluffy teal fabric one of the blankets from their bed. It was draped over his shoulders, almost like a cape.