Safe In My Arms (KuguShiba)

Wrote for one of my writing children who is lossing motivation, hope this helps <3 Based on my 'Rainy Day Scenarios prompt', specifically 'Would rather deal with the rain than something going on at home'.

Shibayama pulled his pillow over his head, trying to drown out the screams of his parents fighting in the kitchen. It was a rainy Friday evening and he just wanted to relax but his dad had set off his mom so that's not happening. This had happened for nearly a week now. He'd do anything to not have to hear it.

It was late and raining. Would he really want to go out in there just for some peace or quiet?....

He put on his jacket, quietly walking out into the hallway.

Okay so he was. He quietly went down the stairs and out the door; his parents didn't even notice him.

It's raining really hard, not that he didn't know that already. Shiba didn't know where he wanted to go, just out of there. Anything was better than that.

He ended up completely soaked by the time he reached the only place he could think of: the park. He decided to take refuge under a tree. Leaning against it he sighed. He was tired, tired of the rain, tired of the cold tired of the fighting. He knew his parents were under a lot of a stress right now but did they have to be so loud?

He's snapped out of it but his phone going off, he jumps up startled. He pulls it out, oh someone sent him a text.

Babe <3: It's really bad out tonight isn't it kitten?

Oh. It's just his boyfriend.

You: Yeah, hey is it okay if I come over?

'Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes' He thinks, he hasn't said anything to his boyfriend, to well anyone

Babe <3: Couldn't last the weekend without me huh ;), sure you can come kitty.

'Thank god.' Yuuki pockets his phone before heading off, the park is closer to Kuguri's house compared to his, so it's not the far of a walk. At this point, his clothes are soaked through and he's shivering. Eventually, he's knocking on his boyfriend's door.

His boyfriend opens it "Hey kitty, my parents aren't home-Are you okay?" Kuguri's look is one of concern "Shiba?"

...He can barely hear him, it's almost like he's not even there. He's so dizzy....Maybe...he can rest for a bit....

"Yuuki!"

....He wasn't sure when he awoke but when he could he wasn't in front of Kuguri's house anymore. No, he was in Kuguri's room on his bed, but how did he-

Right...He must of passed out from the cold and Kuguri most likely carried him here. Shibayama flushed, the rain must of affected him more than he was aware of. He would would have to apologize to Kuguri. Speaking of him...

He was holding him close, one of his arms wrapped around Yuuki, his head resting against his own. He had wrapped a couple blankets around him as well. He was cleary trying to keep him warm. His cheeks burned, his boyfriend may had seen as emotionless person, but he was very caring at times, mostly to him. Speaking of Naoysau...

A movement against his head got his attention "Naoysau?"

"Yuuki?...." It takes a while for him to register Shibayama's awake "...Yuuki!" He kisses all over his face, causing libero to flush and squirm.

"Thank god you're okay. You passed out and fainted. I managed to catch you but...God I was so worried. Are you okay? A nod "Good, you were freezing so I figured you just needed to warm up. You are warm right?"

"Yeah." Shibayama pressed a kissed against Naoysau's cheek "Thank you."

"What happened?" Ah. Shiba looked down at his covered hands. His boyfriend had dressed him in his own clothes. Their height difference meant the hoodie sleeves covered his hands. "...You don't have to tell me, I'm just...worried." Kuguri pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"....My parents been fighting a lot lately, both have been under a lot of stress. I don't blame them. It just...."

"Gets hard sometimes?"

"...Yeah. That's why I wanted to come over. But I was out in the rain before you texted. It's gotten worse this week I just...wanted it end...or at least not have to hear it..."

"Oh baby..." Kuguri caressed his cheek, wiping away some of tears Yuuki didn't even know where there "It's okay. You don't have to hear it, it's okay."

Shibayama didn't even realize that's what he need to hear. He couldn't help but break down into a mess of sobs and tears. Naoysau pulled him as close as possible, rubbing comforting circles into his back and running his fingers through the shorter boys hair.

"You're okay now. Cry as much as you need, I'm here for you." He said, doing his best to sooth his lover.

Eventually, Yuuki calmed down, only having the occasional sob here and there.

"Better?" a nod and Kuguri kisses his forehead "Good."

"...Can...can I stay the night?"

"Sure. I was going to make you anyway."

"Can...can we just stay here? And cuddle? I want to be held right now."

"Of course kitten."

It was unknown how long they stayed there, but the warmth and the hand still running through his hair or that he finally felt comfort, Yuuki could feel himself nodding off.

"I'll keep you safe."

When Kuguri awoke in the morning, his tiny bf wasn't there. A quick search led him to kitchen where he was cooking.

"There you are." Shiba turned to look at him, giving him a smile

"S-sorry. I woke up first so I thought I make breakfast as a way to thank you."

Naoysau smiled, walking over to give him a kiss "You didn't have to do that."

"Well I wanted to. Now sit and eat."

"And if I don't?" He smirked and Yuuki held up his spatula, giving a kind of evil look that was most likely learned from a certain demon senpai

"I'll beat you with this."

Kuguri held his arms up in surrender "Alright, but I'm going to wait for you."

"Fine." Kuguri took a seat at the counter which gave him the perfect view to watch his boyfriend, resting his head on his hand with a longing look on his face.

To see his boyfriend there cooking felt very domestic. His homelife may have no been the best at the moment but...

Least he had found somewhere else to call home for now.

Still working on the Aofuta one, just lost parts of it so I decided to to fix it then take a break